My name is Truls and I live all the way up in Norway!
I bought my Miata back in March 2013. It was as stock as they come, besides the leather steering wheel cover and the chrome stylebar.
Imported from Cali in 2011. Repainted at arrival in Norway. Had 60k miles on it when I bought it.
Upgrades so far:
- SSR Mesh 15x7.5 ET19 in the front/ET17 in the back
- Toyo Proxes R888 205/50/15 (died this season)
- Vmaxx Xxtreme coilovers
- Polybushes all around
- RacingBeat adjustable droplinks
- RacingBeat sway bar reinforcements
- Stainless China header
- RoadsterSport midpipe
- BuddyClub Spec 2 muffler
- DIY coldside intake
- Torsen LSD
- Charcoal canister removed
- Garage5 knurled oil cap
- Mazdaspeed front and rear tower braces
- GarageStar fender braces
- GarageStar frame rails
- Project G red tow hooks
- Boss Frog Double Hoop rollbar
- Autokonexion V2 carbon trunk
- JDM OEM headlights with black inserts
- Bride XAX (Black leather with red stiching)
- Nardi Deep Corn (Black leather with red stitching)
- MiataRoadster short shift kit
- 3D printed interior bits (gear ****, air vents etc)
- AWD "Into the blue" gauges. Drive topless forever, Dewa-san.
How the car looks now:
I`m not boosting. Am I still welcome here?
I had my first trackday a few months ago and the ball started rolling for sure. The car ran great, but I noticed a few flaws in the suspension. I have made plans for reducing body roll and to stiffen up suspension, but as I am going to be driving the car this winter, these mods will have to wait. At least until I can test and adjust the suspension on dry roads.
In other words. This winter is all about engine. Since my car is still within the 10-year "quarantine", I am facing huge fines if I am caught with more than stock power. Since the inspections are mostly visual, I have settled on ITBs, cam etc. It will be noisy, but the engine bay will remain anonymous.
I am a complete noob on engines, so I will be using this forum for what its worth. I know how to search, but I might ask some "silly" questions regarding my specific build.
- Port work and a head shave.
- New conrods
- New springs. Eyeballing the FM track pack
- Racingbeat sways
- Boss Frog door bars