Hey guys, Just thought I would share my side project: NOT MIATA RELATED
This is going to be an ongoing build thread of my friend Jesse T.'s Toyota pickup
More pics/ info about the general truck will come later.
Basicly Jesse owns a early 90's Toyota pickup, Lifted way the hell up in the air on 40" tires. It has a 93 5.0 mustang motor in it with GT40 heads, a Kenne Bell supercharger and TONS of other goodies.
, however, is that the previous owner was a massive hack. The truck needs a lot of love. It runs rough and the wiring is a joke. It has about 5 different "band-aid" engine management units including a vortech FMU, "boost a pump" vortech spark retard to name a few. The truck also has a fogger NOS kit that is being removed, along with line lock and some gauges and such that will be re-installed in a cleaner manner.
On to the fun part...
During Finals week I talked Jesse into upgrading to a megasquirt standalone ecu. We will be controlling the stock mustang TFI ignition with a MS1 board running high resolution code with a custom made harness. We will be completely removing the old harness and engine management components.
Today we built the board. Took probably 8 hours. We ran into a few stupid issues getting the USB to serial adapter to work with the netbook... other than that it was a 'plug-and-chug' operation.
The board is completely assembled right now and tested using the megasquirts 'stimulator'. Pics below.