Well I've just finished building my ms2 and jimstim (I think I've finished...)
In tuner studio I can get all the MAT/CLT/TPS etc working. Can't seem to get the tach working.
Seem to have settings correct but no tach reading. If I set input capture to rising edge (which isn't correct anyway) then I do get a crazy erattic jumpy reading on the tach. With falling edge I get no reading at all. Also tried EDIS settings and it operates ok in that mode. Tuner studio seems to show the first input but no second input in the trigger viewer (Not sure if I'm looking at it right).
My settings are below. Any ideas on what I might have done wrong or where I should start trying to fault find.
I've set it as per the MS1 writeup on diyautotune with pullup resistors but sending the 2nd tach signal to JS10 for MS2 input. Have also done the outputs as per Joe Perez's mod.
This is for a 1.8 BP engine. But I wont be seeing the car for another 4 months so this is purely a bench testing game for now.
Tuner studio settings are:
skip pulses: 3
Input capture: falling edge
output: going high
number of coils: wasted
spark A output: D14
Jim stim settings are:
2 and 3 on all others off
primary tach jumpered for hall sensor
secondary tach jumper wire to IAC1A
No pullups (I presume not needed because of the ms pullup circuits but I did try the pullup jumpers to no avail)