07-23-2009, 04:04 PM
Join Date: Nov 2007
Total Cats: 52
could not connect to controller
I have this strange error that I cannot resolve.
When I try to load an msq (on the JimStim), I get the error Page 3, could not connect to controller (and all other pages after that).
This is what I did to try and resolve it:
- reinstall megatune (wipe entire directory, reinstall, activate megasquirt-ii.ini.ms2extra, set my code variant, idle_controller, lambda_sensor and save settings.ini)
- reinstall MS2Extra firmware (install boot jumper, load bootstrap.s19, power off, remove jumper, power on, load ms2_Extra.s19)
- no power off after loading the firmware
- start megatune, all gauges are working fine with the JimStim
- most settings are wrong though so I burn a couple, which works ok.
- when I change a setting (without burning) and then do 'Fetch from ECU', nothing happens! I should revert back to the former setting, but doesn't. No matter what I do, 'Fetch from ECU' does nothing.
- restart MegaTune and the same happens. I can change values, they are saved to the MS, but I cannot 'fetch from ecu'.
- restart MS and all is still ok.
- load an msq and I start getting the error: page 3: could not connect to controller. After that, all my values are way of scale, but MS is still working on the jimstim.
- restart MS and gauges no longer respond to the JimStim, all leds are off on JimStim as well. In megatune, my gauges go crazy (65535 rpm, 1851 °F CLT, 2600 degrees ignition advance, 100 AFR, 810 °F MAT etc). Megatune says 'Config Error' at this point.
- all my settings are fubar. Required fuel is -1.$ (!!), half of the fields are empty, fuel VE table has all zero's in it etc etc.
- Fetch from ecu does nothing; I cannot burn to the ecu. All my settings are lost when I go back to look.
- All the time, I have 'config error'
- I need to reload the firmware to get the MS going again. Load an msq and it's fu*ked again.
Did I break something?
Last edited by WestfieldMX5; 07-23-2009 at 05:00 PM.