here are some pictures from the first day i got the bodies, with the standard intake manifold.
i cut the manifold where the straight webs are just past the mounting flange, made up some billet ally runners in the lathe, pressed them to the shape of the ports on the intake manifold side of things whilst keeping them round on the throttle body side, got them welded on.
once they were welded on there were massive steps inside the manifold so took a die grinder to them and ported it right out and the profiled the inside of the manifold with chemical metal and ported that to suit.
then the throttle bodies needed modifying to suit, i used the standard mx5 injectors and fuel rail, so i tapped the injector holes on the throttle bodies and inserted some pipe takeoffs for the vacuum log for the brakes. the takeoffs were just 10mm bolts that were machined down and drilled with a 5mm hole, then screwed in and araldite'd into place.
i am going to be using the standard fireblade bellmouths if they fit but i will come to that once i install them when my gasket kit arrives.
i have also put a manual adjuster where the fast idle valve used to be on the throttle bodies to conrol my idle.
and i had to modify the fuel rail pipes, just bent them out of the way and cut the one from the fpr.
i have made a vacuum log for the map sensor, so i can run the speed density algorithm at first, it should help to smooth out some of the fluctuations, and once i have wired in my tps i will be going over to alpha n, and once i have got my head round hybrid alpha n i will give that a go.
i will post up some pictures of my throttle body setup later once i have finished taking my mates engine out of his mini.