08-27-2015, 07:23 PM
Join Date: Nov 2013
Total Cats: -8
Just to close the loop on this one as I have had some members PM me:
If you are in the same boat as I was then here is what to check.
- I initially had D1, D2, XG1 and XG2 jumpered. I removed that. At first I was unclear with the mods so incidentally I used the part of the default circuit and all of Joe P's circuit. Pick one or the other, but don't mix both circuits.
- I initially had a megastim to test. That will not work for Miata's (you can but limited functions) ignition set up. So, I purcha$ed another stim.. $igh. A jimstim.
- I built the Jimstim using the instructrions provided online. Use the following for the jimstim settings:
1. All dipswitches must be off EXCEPT for 2 and 3. They must be on.
2. Ensure the jumper pin is on the Primary TachSelect. jump Pin 1 and 2. 1 being closer to the POTS (black *****).
3. Jump 2nd Trigger to I1A.
This is all assuming you've tested your Jimstim and it works fine.
I tested everying and all inputs register in TunerStudio. I am totally stoked!!!! According to Braineak, the LED's D14 and D16 will remain on if you chose to go the Joe P route.
Hope this helps you. Let me know if you have another other questions. I am about to load my base map shortly. I feel a little giddy inside. =)