I started upping the psi today. Before this, I had it set at 180 kpa, and it overshot a little then held stable. I upped it to 195 kpa, it gets close, 193.6, but then drops to 177 ish. I'm in basic mode using the slider, have it set at 450. Do I need to up it some more? When I had it set at 250 it would oscillate. Maybe somewhere in between?
Or should I just set it to advanced and adjust the pid?
If I do that, do I have to start all over? Or will it take the current basic slider settings and use that to start? Like if I set it to advanced, it will act the same as it does now, then just adjust pid?
What firmware are you on. If you are not on 1.4.0 then you need to upgrade before you start messing with EBC.
Before messing with the slider you need to put it in "Setup Mode" and get the Bias Duty table set up to get you close. It is like tuning open loop ebc. Then switch to "Basic mode" and start playing with the slider.
Yup, I did all that for 180kpa. Do I need to do it again for 195 and up? I just increased the duty cycle a bit. It spools quick to my target, but drops down after it hits it. I want it to maintain the target.
Increased duty cycle to 210 kpa, scaled everything else up. Looked over logs, saw duty cycle at 32 at 177kpa, so increased the cells in that range to be close. Adjusted everything else to make sense, going for a drive brb.
Had a coolant leak when I went back out, so didn't get anything till today. Had to up the boost duty to 43 at 200 kpa, but it stays pretty steady. It did spike to 206 kpa on the 2nd the 3rd shift, but stabilized at 190 kpa throughout 3rd. Then in 5th I hit it around 3800 rpm, and it stayed around 199 kpa till I let off. So I need to take it out of basic mode and mess with advanced, but I have it close enough I think it will be quick to adjust.
Keep us updated on the progress. I've tried a couple times to get EBC working right and never got it working consistently. It's nice to see the process documented and how you got it working. I feel like the few threads I've read have been, "plug it in, tune it, then it works perfect" but apparently I'm going to need someone to dumb it down a little bit for me.
updated tune file, changed a few things as said above. Also figured out why I had a hard 'cough' transitioning from decel to accel. I had overrun fuel cutoff set too high. I think it was set to something like 2.5% throttle. I set it to .3 and it drives like my 96 now, no stumble.