New engine and new megasquirt at the same time probably wasn't a great idea. That aside it was really lean, now it is really rich. Autotune is pulling tons of fuel and at first it was super lean. Should I just let autotune do its thing and drive it? Or as it corrects cells stop periodically and try to make the rest of the VE table not such a just? IE: it tunes a cell to 120 from 150, shall I make the rest of the cells it didn't touch scaled to suit?
Side note. It makes a sound that sounds like a 21mm nut rolling down the fender when I let off throttle. Sorta similar to rod knock. During initial startup the required fuel was 11.6 and didn't know to change it. So it ran REALLY rich it's first few minutes of life. I changed the oil to get that out, and have since run it. Might change the oil again. Curious if it running so rich before the rings seat might make it knock.
I'm basically ballparking a base map it seems with trial runs it seems. I must have scaled the map way to rich. I'll try and scale the whole map to close the VE analyzer numbers got to. Hardware wise I can't think of anything wrong. No leaks as far as I can tell. Nothing seems to be stuck open or closed. I'll change the oil again just to be safe in the morning. I'd rather blow through a few $20 oil changes than a motor. Anytime the VE analyze dials things much more than 5%ish I'll shut it down and rescale. It feels wrong to blindly ballpark like this.
The only hardware faults I found may not have been a problem. They aren't now. The intake manifold to block had a 70Mv drop and is no a factor of 2 less. Painted intake manifold may have done it. Added a ground from mani to block and then block to chassis. Checked everything else I could think of.
Idle is all over. I keep adding fuel to get it to idle toward 14.7, but then the rest of the map reads super rich going down the block (the oil doesn't really reek anymore).
Here is my problem I think. You tell me. I have ID1000's and the dead time may be off.
Dead time at 13.2V is 0.90 and after some digging I think that is wrong.
The NB is set to 60psi I believe from the factory, so assuming all is okay there then I should have to interpolate the values to 13.2V
After learning some Excel this is what I got. 1224. I'll be headed to the garage shortly. I emailed Reverant, but haven't heard back yet and might be a bit with the time change. The ID1000's are the one thing I forgot to mention when he resent me a N/A map.
So i'll change this to A(ms) -> 1.2? or the spot in Required fuel to 1.2 or both? Sorry for my ignorance. Also no I didn't change Voltage Compensation. Not sure where to find it, uner the MSX parameters?
Probably dumb to ask, but can/should I change these. ID's chart only goes from 8volts to 16volts. Probably shouldn't mess with the 7.2v to 19.2v range. Since those volts are outside what I'm trying to interpolate I'd hate to just make up numbers for them.
What I have so far. Learning Excel, so patience.
Best guess scale those unknown voltages or re-enter those rabge of voltages I have numbers for. My though it the 7.2 - 19.2 it so that the range covers all the possible range the car will have, so messing with the volt range could get into a spot it has no info for.
What it was set to
Also just in case someone wants to know how I'm getting these numbers here is the how to interpolate instructions for Excel
Pretty close. I know Youtube audio suck, but I'd say mine may be a little louder in person and more angry sounding. If yours is a pop and shudder mine is more pop and clanky. I think it is residual fuel poppong in the header. At first I though it may be knock, but with my dad over and listening it seems more in the pipe. I'll try to get a video once I get this injector thing figured.