I figured it was time to sort this **** out now that my turbo is closer and closer to being put on. So I've got a few issues that I would appreciate an opinion on.
1. Does this log look wrong to anyone? I feel like the o2 signal is way too noisy. Was thinking of putting in more delay to the LC1 outputs and being done with it.
2. I start the car cold and it idles at 16:1 (runs like ***). It warms up and now sits at 13:1 (runs nice). If I enable closed loop fuel control at idle, now it idles around 14:1 warm, still runs nice. (By warm I mean coolant temps). I've searched up and down this forum and can't really find anything on this. I just let closed loop do its thing and I'm ok with this, but don't know if I'm just masking a bigger problem.
3. My AFR at WOT is extremely inconsistent. One minute it'll be 13.2. The next it'll be 12.3. After that its 12.8.This one has me stumped. I'm in open loop past 70 kpa, so I don't see how my numbers are so inconsistent when the VE table hasn't been touched. Seems to be the same thing with cruise, but I'm less worried about that.
My MSQ is attached for anyone willing to check it out. (inb4 you suck at tuning go kill yourself etc etc.)
I've been using VE analyze live, and I left EGO correction on while doing this, I read around here that it wouldn't cause problems.
Is the wiring OK? No ground issues? It does look kinda noisy.
I was going to say the same thing. Make sure the LC-1 is wired exactly as specified in the installation instructions (i.e., grounds terminated together to engine block, etc.). Pay attention to where the LC-1 wires are routed -- lots of noise in an engine compartment.
What's wierd is that your noise is rythmic. What's the time cycle on that noise? That could give you a clue to what the interference might be.
All of the LC1 grounds are wired into the MS ground like lots of guys here.
I looked at a log from almost a year ago, and I noticed the AFR is not nearly as noisy. I went to the earlier firmware on the LC1 to get rid of a constant code 8, and I'm guessing I forgot to set the delay.
Going to try messing with the delay after work today and see what happens. I'm going to assume it isn't a wiring issue since its exactly how I left it.
For anyone who ends up searching this issue:
I fixed the noise on the signal. I'm not sure what exactly fixed it...
At start up, my LC1 used to flash 7.4 consistently and at full lean it would read 21.9. After a while it started flashing numbers from 7.4 to 7.8 at start up and full lean would go as far as 22.3.
I talked to someone at Innovate and they said this was normal. I have decided that it is not normal.
I reloaded the 1.0 firmware and found the ground wires for the LC1 and pulled on em. I set the delay for MS at 1/12 sec. One of these 3 things fixed it. Now it flashes a steady 7.4 and full lean is steady 21.9. Before, the gauge was reading lean compared to Logworks, and now they are both dead even.
Tunerstudio seems to be reading maybe .2-.3 leaner than what the LC1 reads...not sure what to do to fix this. I may revisit all the wiring and see what happens.
My inconsistent AFRs at WOT are still there though.