05-27-2009, 01:28 PM
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Ambler, PA
Total Cats: 1
Feeler: 1.8 engine build stuff
I am moving soon and am not sure if I want to move this stuff so I'm posting to see if there is someone local who might want this stuff before I decide to haul it.
This would be a good base to start an engine build which is what I was planning. So if you are interested in the everything and can pick it all up, let me know and I'll try to get some pics. I'm lazy so no pics unless there is a prospective buyer. Buy the whole lot and get a decent deal.
So onto the goods:
1) 1.8 shortblock from NA disassembled. Crank is toast b/c spun bearing on #4. Rest of the block looks good.
2) 1.8 shortblock from NA that is not disassembled. Crank is in good shape, not sure about the rest. I figured between the two blocks and assorted parts, there is the start of a shortblock build.
3) billet oil pump gears brand new and uninstalled
4) head from 94 worked by FM - intake/exhaust ported, bowl blend, valve job w/ Ferrea valves, stiffer Ferrea springs/retainers, NO cams or lifters, does included cam caps, NEEDS ultrasonic cleaning b/c was one of their deal of the day specials that had alum oxide contamination. I priced cleaning out from a shop in northern NJ and said it would cost ~$100.
5) small odds/ends for build like 1.8 thermostat cover for reroute, etc...
$500 for everything picked up.