04-28-2008, 10:27 AM
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Point Pleasant, NJ
Total Cats: 2
Tuning laptop. Dell Latitude CPx $125
- Pentium III
- 256mb ram
- 18gb harddrive
- 24x cd rom, removable so you can run 2 batteries
- pcmia ethernet card(cheap but works great)
- 1 serial port
- 1 usb port
- touch pad & pointer in the middle of the keyboard
- comes with 1 battery, holds charge for about an hour
- docking station which has 2 usb ports and built in ethernet
- Windows XP Pro
- MS Office XP (only excel & word but can install full suite)
- for you squirters it's got Megatune and a registered copy of MegaLog Viewer
The not so good:
Will only run off 120v/charge batteries when in the docking station. The plug in the back where you would connect to power must have a solder break or something. I was always too lazy to check it out/fix. So unless you fix that or drag the docking station around or get an additional battery you are limited to about an hour of use after being charged.
Sometimes when it starts up there is a memory amount changed msg and it'll boot thinking there is only 128mb ram, a reboot usually fixes it. I am guessing one of the memory sticks is faulty or the contacts need to be cleaned.
It's not the greatest laptop but it works well for tuning.