The MS Labs Enhanced MS2 is a powerful ECU based on the popular Megasquirt MS2, with years of evolution behind it. Nothing has been spared to make this a top performing ECU.
This ECU has been specifically developed for the Mazda Miata/MX-5. Tailored to use everything from OEM sensors (no need for other trigger wheels) to the OEM harness, this ECU simply plugs in the stock harness, with no need to cut, splice or solder any wires.
V5.4 of ths Enhanced MS2 expands on the already ever-growing list of features, by adding even more unique characteristics.
- Direct fit for the 01-05 and the 04-05 MSM, basemap for your application preloaded.
- OBD-II output
- Digital wideband input
- Sequential injection (4 injector drivers)
- Sequential ignition (4 ignition output channels)
- Electronic boost control with:
- 2 open or 1 closed loop boost control (8x8 RPM/TPS map)
- Open loop boost by gear
- Exceptional knock control with DSP processor:
* Knock windowing
* Software-adjustable bandpass filter to reject non-knocking noise
* Software-adjustable sensitivity (gain)
* Software-adjustable knock threshold against RPM (10 points)
- A/C support:
* Sequential compressor-main fan-a/c fan activation (less likely to cause a dip)
* Software adjustable idle-up;
* TPS/RPM cutoff; adjustable delays (afterstart, TPS cutoff with adjustable delay, low/high RPM cutoff).
- P/S support: Software adjustable power steering idle-up
- Immobilizer support: Full communication with immobilizer module (TRW 36AS), programmable. The ECU can be programmed to either unlock the module by default, or only with the proper key.
- Digital alternator control: Software adjustable charging voltage
- Smart battery light: Warns you of overcharging or undercharging issues by flashing slowly or fast.
- Increased hardware accuracy for the idle valve (0.4% instead of 2-4%% for any other MS2-based ECU): Your Miata will idle more accurately, and with less oscillations.
- Realtime barometric correction: thanks to an onboard sensor!
- Sequential cooling fan support: Up to 2 different cooling fans, fully adjustable on/off points through software.
- Full support for the factory VTCS system.
- TEN terminal input to check the base timing and set the idle RPM.
- Brake input
- Valet mode: Fuel cut above adjustable RPM, TPS, speed thresholds, enable/disable with a hidden on/off switch!
- Dedicated inputs for oil pressure and oil temperature sensors.
- Dedicated clutch and neutral switch inputs for launch control, flatshifting, overrun fuel cut inhibit, closed loop idle inhibit, and more.
- VSS (vehicle speed sensor) input to log speed and also to calculate the current gear you are in - perfect for trackside logging and for EBC.
- EGT sensor input - no circuits or controllers to add, just solder the sensor's wires inside the PCB.
- CEL warnings: Save your engine with the CEL warning from high coolant temp, knocking, low/high oil pressure, high oil temperature, high EGTs. Every warning threshold is fully adjustable through the software.
- Dedicated launch control on/off input: Press once to activate (master on/off), then press the clutch to arm. No need to have a laptop with you to activate/deactivate. Launch is deactivated after a preset time since the clutch has been released has passed (software adjustable)
- Dedicated fuel/ignition switching input: Have two different sets of fuel/ignition tables loaded with the flick of a switch!
- 2 free programmable medium-current outputs (up to 5 amps)
- 2 free digital inputs
- 1 free analog input
- Support for the internal 36psi sensor or an external MAP sensor
- Fused 12V power supply for your wideband: A shortcircuit on the wideband won't fry the ECU or leave you stranded.
- Tachometer (RPM) output to connect to any other devices
- CAN Bus inputs/outputs
- Main Relay control (MSM only)
- 100% SMD construction for increased reliability, smaller size and lighter weight.
- Switching power supply for lower current consumption and less heat.
- 16x16 fuel tables, interpolated
- 12x12 ignition tables, interpolated
- 12x12 AFR table, interpolated
- Closed loop idle - 8 target RPM sites over coolant temperature
- Fueling algorithms: Speed Density (MAP based), Alpha-N (TPS based), ITB (blending of speed density and TPS)
- Fully adjustable rev limiter: Fuel cut, spark cut, spark retard and fuel cut, spark retard and spark cut, fuel and spark cut. Coolant-dependant rev limiter.
- Closed loop fueling: By adding a wideband sensor, the ECU autocorrects the fueling at idle and at low/medium loads
- Fully adjustable cold start settings and warmup enrichments
- Acceleration enrichments: TPS based, MAP based, or blended mode
- Realtime barometric correction
- Cold advance
- Air temperature based timing retard - save your engine on a hot summer's day!
- Overrun fuel cut for economy - the ECU cuts fuel 100% when you take your foot of the throttle, just like the stock ECU.
- Fuel trim per cylinder - 4 16x16 maps to trim the fueling on each cylinder to 0.1%
- CAN bus expansion
The good news:
- $860 shipped for US customers; contact us for pricing on other destinations.
The "bad" news:
- No VVT control yet, a plugin module will be available soon. If you have a supercharger or a small turbo (ie a Garrett GT2554) you won't notice any difference. On a stock engine, you will feel loss of torque between 1700 and 4000rpm.
- This is a Built-To-Order product. Expect a lead time between 15-20 days depending on the time of order.
PM us for more: http://www.miataturbo.net/private.php?do=newpm&u=1134