The car will be started for the first time early next week. I talked to the guy in the shop doing most of the work on my car and his intention is to start it up with the 550's and MSPNP and not bother with the old ECU.
So, I am preparing a .msq for the 550's. I want to check with you guys if I am taking the proper steps?
1. Install MegaTune 2.25p1 as per CD-ROM
2. Upgrade MegaTune to 2.25p3 from site
3. Choose which firmware 029y4 or HiRes to go with. I don't feel like installing a 0.1uF capacitor right now.
4. Open base map, adjust for 550's*
"paul" on the forum (that's his username, search it) has a 94 with a 2560R and 550's. You need his maps. He's posted his timing maps for sure as I've seen them. I think he's posted his fuel ones too. Maybe he will chime in. FWIW, his timing maps are in a thread called "take a look FM, we need your timingz" or something like that.
Couple of questions before we head off:
1. Best configure WBO2 to INNOVATE_0_5_LINEAR and configure its output as such?
2. The MSPNP9495 base map has const baro correction enabled. Is that correct?
3. My injector PW is still 1.2ms. Is that right for RC 550's High Imp?
4. I need a baseline for my accel enrich. How do I scale them?
explain what you mean by 4) Do you need someones acceleration enrichment numbers? i got mine for 550's that would work for you, but they aren't perfect. I just made them yesterday. Like it or not here they are.
And here's my timing map, but use it with extreme caution. It's not perfect.
Thanks, but since I have MS1 (MSPNP9495) Ill have to do TPS or MAP based accel enrich. Not sure which is better. I read TPS gives faster throttle response, but Savvington is having lean tip in at higher RPM?
I will probably just recalc the accel enrich PW just like I recalculcated the cranking PW for the 550's and have the dyno guys figure it out from there.
Well I'm actually running different values then what I just posted. The map ones work good. IE, if I set it to map only, the car runs ok. the TPS based ones suck. I have now increased those values. So if anything do map based with my values, or TPS based with someone elses. MS2 FTW.
Reporting back: base MSQ was excellent. Car started right up on the 550's.
- Injector opening time to 1.0ms
- We had to bring down PWM Idle control minimum and closed values to 0 and 5 DC or it would stick at 9% and the car would idle too high. Any comments on this?