02-24-2010, 08:24 AM
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Rochester, MI
Total Cats: 0
Help maximize my suspension!
The car is not intended for any competitive racing, just going out and enjoying some track days and trying to keep up with the guys from work and the local Lotus club. Working at a Lotus dealership has certain advantages, but has also made me more competitive and this season I want to go out and show some of these guys what a "budget" built car can do. Working with what I've got, making a few changes, and not spending too much money (loose limits here) I want to get the most out of the car understanding that my tires and shocks are really the weak links here.
Current set-up (once it's assembled.....)
- Team Dynamics Pro Race1.2 w/ 205/50R15 Bridgestone RE-11
- Koni Sports w/ 425/300 spring rates
- Racing beat front sway and stock rear w/ poly bushings and 949Racing endlinks
- Energy Suspension control arm bushings (Mazdaspeed motor mounts and delrin diff mounts)
- Hawk HP+ pads, cheap-o rotors, Goodridge lines, Motul fluid
Last season sans the sway bars (no rear) and polyurethane bits and on worn RT615 Azenis I had the car out a couple times and it was pretty quick, but I'm looking to be much faster this time around. To upgrade my current configuration I'm looking at doing the following...
- 550/? lb springs
- Carbotech XP8s front and XP10s rear
- ~100lbs weight reduction
Input and suggestions are greatly appreciated!