Hey all, I'm a little new to this forum, and I'm pretty sure I have the gist of it all down, but I figured why not refer to the guys that actually turbo (and further mod) their Miatas! I have a NA that I would like to get a little tighter suspension. It's my daily driver, and currently the setup I have is, for lack of better words, ridiculous.
I'm probably dropped 2 to 2.5 inches and my car likes to drag on everything. Don't get me wrong, the car looks cool and gets approximately 1 or 2mpg better (at least, that's what it's been calculated to with the same driving technique as before) with the setup, possibly due to the lowering of the Coefficient of drag. I could be wrong, who knows. Anyway, the setup it has now is: BG/B&G springs, FatCat bump stops, and Gabriel shocks. Yes, I know that's a terrible mix, but when you run your Miata into a curb and destroy your lower control arm as well as a shock, you can't really complain for a $220 shipped suspension setup. Needless to say, I hate the setup, and I've driven on it for probably 2 years. The roads here in Louisiana are terrible, and now my tires rub on the inner sidewalls. As of now, she's sitting in my garage and I won't drive her until I resolve this dilemma.
What I would like to know is the following:
1. Which top hats should I use? NA or NB?
2. Does the Mazdaspeed shock and spring setup raise my car higher than stock or lower it like it does to the NB ? If higher/lower, by how much?
3. Can I use the current FC bump stops on a MS setup, or would I have to get some new ones? If I can't, are the MS one's sufficient?
4. I want to install a Flyin' Miata shock tower brace on my car, but on the site it states explicitly that I'll need longer studs for my top hats. Does that mean I'll have to use (assuming I can) NB top hats to make it work, or do NA top hats work?
5. Most importantly, does anyone here want to sell me their MS suspension setup??