Source for power steering delete tensioner - Page 2 - Miata Turbo Forum -Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain discuss the wondrous effects of boost and your miata...

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-30-2014, 05:31 PM   #21
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 7,237
Total Cats: 554
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozy View Post
Good point. I just talked to a dealer's parts dept and they said the same thing. Has anyone come across a good website to get this whole assembly for less than the $96 my local dealer wants to rob me of? Most website I'm seeing don't really specify whether or not it's the pulley only or the whole assembly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by concealer404 View Post
Dunno. Have you tried plugging it into google? The first result totally isn't the entire assembly for $63 + shipping.
U srs?
concealer404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 05:31 PM   #22
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Tucson, Az
Posts: 514
Total Cats: 29
Default

This part number is for the whole assembly. Tell them you want the Kia part number, not an interchange. If they ask for an application, tell them it's a 1995 Kia Sephia without power steering and with A/C.
TheScaryOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 06:04 PM   #23
mkturbo.com
iTrader: (24)
 
shuiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 12,411
Total Cats: 780
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by concealer404 View Post
U srs?
I literally just pasted in the part number in google like you did and you are correct, the first link has them for $63.
shuiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 09:40 PM   #24
Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 6
Total Cats: 0
Default

Well I must have googled something wrong then because I was coming up with all sorts of bogus parts sites that didn't look credible at all.
kozy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 10:49 PM   #25
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Tucson, Az
Posts: 514
Total Cats: 29
Default

Dealer parts sites never look credible. I always use PayPal.

Edit: Except Rosenthal. Their site is great, but I wish it had diagrams.
TheScaryOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 12:40 PM   #26
Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 6
Total Cats: 0
Default

Stay away from KiaPartsOverstock.com
I placed the order online Friday and haven't gotten any update on the order status yet. I tried calling the number on their website and it rings for 30 seconds then hangs up.
kozy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 09:25 AM   #27
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 56
Total Cats: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozy View Post
Stay away from KiaPartsOverstock.com
I placed the order online Friday and haven't gotten any update on the order status yet. I tried calling the number on their website and it rings for 30 seconds then hangs up.
I placed my order from Kia Parts Overstock on May 14, and it was shipped on May 21. Part number 0K20115930. Not the quickest to ship out by any means (they indicated parts ship in 2-5 days), but no problems here.
M2Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 03:56 PM   #28
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: finger lakes NY
Posts: 444
Total Cats: 17
Default

Has anyone tried bolting this thing up yet? I just want confirmation that it really does fit as expected.
DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 12:17 AM   #29
Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 6
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
Has anyone tried bolting this thing up yet? I just want confirmation that it really does fit as expected.
Yeah it works just fine. I had to get a smaller belt though, went with an 87cm one and it was perfect.
kozy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 01:49 PM   #30
Destroyer of Inconel
iTrader: (37)
 
EO2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: In ur driveway, abusin' ur WPA
Posts: 8,898
Total Cats: 775
Default

So it eventually showed up for KiaPartsOverstock.com ?
EO2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 01:01 AM   #31
Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 6
Total Cats: 0
Default

Nope, I finally got that order canceled after multiple emails. Funny, they never responded back to me once or even sent me a cancellation confirmation email. Only way I knew it was canceled was because I saw the return show up on my credit card.

I ordered one from my local dealer and had it within 2 days.
kozy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 07:01 PM   #32
Newb
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 38
Total Cats: -11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2Ken View Post
I placed my order from Kia Parts Overstock on May 14, and it was shipped on May 21. Part number 0K20115930. Not the quickest to ship out by any means (they indicated parts ship in 2-5 days), but no problems here.
Reviving this topic, Ken: this was the entire assembly; the bracket, the pulley, everything?

And could you tell me what it cost?
alangbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 02:41 AM   #33
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Tucson, Az
Posts: 514
Total Cats: 29
Default

It will probably include the bracket and the pulley, but I doubt you will ever get anyone to sell you everything. It costs more than a banana and less than a Bentley, unless you do find someone to sell you everything. I bet the cost would skyrocket then.

Also, quit using semicolons and colons. It makes you look stupid when you use them incorrectly. You also put a question mark at the end of a statement.

Colon (Punctuation) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Semicolon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What's even worse is that you're so close:

Quote:
Reviving this topic; Ken, was this the entire assembly: the bracket, the pulley, and the hardware?

And could you tell me what it cost?
TheScaryOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 02:45 AM   #34
Newb
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 38
Total Cats: -11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScaryOne View Post
It will probably include the bracket and the pulley, but I doubt you will ever get anyone to sell you everything. It costs more than a banana and less than a Bentley, unless you do find someone to sell you everything. I bet the cost would skyrocket then.

Also, quit using semicolons and colons. It makes you look stupid when you use them incorrectly. You also put a question mark at the end of a statement.

Colon (Punctuation) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Semicolon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What's even worse is that you're so close:
Well, golly! Thanks for all that!

You've been so very... ...very helpful!
alangbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 02:50 AM   #35
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Tucson, Az
Posts: 514
Total Cats: 29
Default

Attached Thumbnails
Source for power steering delete tensioner-you-welcome-300x210.png  
TheScaryOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 07:48 PM   #36
Newb
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 22
Total Cats: 0
Default

Old thread, but I was lead here by Google.

Went to my local dealer and there are none of these left in the United States. It doesn't show that it is discontinued, but he said he would guess NLA. So shim it is.
Gimpster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 08:17 PM   #37
Senior Member
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,399
Total Cats: 56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimpster
Old thread, but I was lead here by Google.

Went to my local dealer and there are none of these left in the United States. It doesn't show that it is discontinued, but he said he would guess NLA. So shim it is.
There's a Kia part that fits iirc. That said I may have one (Miata part). Last I saw they're going for $75 + shipping. PM me if interested.
bahurd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 10:25 PM   #38
mkturbo.com
iTrader: (24)
 
shuiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 12,411
Total Cats: 780
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahurd View Post
There's a Kia part that fits iirc. That said I may have one (Miata part). Last I saw they're going for $75 + shipping. PM me if interested.
I think he is talking about the Kia part. I believe there are no more new ones left.
shuiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 10:47 PM   #39
Newb
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 22
Total Cats: 0
Default

Correct. 0K201-15-930 is gone from all Kia warehouses and dealers according to two different dealers I spoke with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuiend View Post
I think he is talking about the Kia part. I believe there are no more new ones left.
Gimpster is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project Gemini - Turbo Civic on the Cheap Full_Tilt_Boogie Build Threads 53 12-07-2016 05:52 PM
Garrett Turbo, 1.8 Oil Pan, & Misc. Stuff nbdooey Miata parts for sale/trade 8 03-21-2016 11:53 PM
Back to Stock Part Out!! Turbo Parts, MS2 Enhanced 01-05, Suspension, and MOAR! StratoBlue1109 Miata parts for sale/trade 16 10-02-2015 10:39 AM
Odd Steering issue interestedofold Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain 5 09-29-2015 02:42 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:10 PM.