10-05-2015, 06:38 AM
Join Date: Aug 2010
Total Cats: 7
Strange Brake Troubleshooting
So after a bunch of troubleshooting, i'm about to lose my mind --
I'm having an intermittent (heavy) brake drag on what seems to be all four corners. When it happens, its enough drag to actually stop the car from casual back/forward rolling on lights. Obviously, I can also tell that the car is slightly slowing in off throttle.
- Willwood F / Sports R
- Willwood Prop valve
When it happens:
- Problem seems totally intermittent
- Pedal gets a strange stiff no travel feeling. With the SS lines and other hardware.. the pedal, as it should is pretty stiff in the first place. However, this "stiff" is different than anything else I've felt. (Intermittent) ill roll up to a red light on the brakes and notice the pedal is "stiff weird" -- then I know its going to happen
- It seems to just go a way after a little bit... like it just randomly gets unstuck and releases
- No smells
- Started to happen recently
What I've checked:
- Hardware seems fine... no loose brackets or anything obliviously wrong
- Seems to happen through full range of adjustment (prop valve)
- No leaks - good fluid
From the beginning I've suspected the problem to have something to do with the prop valve. Also, everything I've known about brakes is telling me that it is a sticky slider or caliper.. However, that does not explain why other corners are simultaneously dragging.
Any help or ideas would be appreciated!