We're excited to announce that we have MSLabs MS3 Basic ECUs in stock for most 90-05 Miatas. Dimitris (Reverant) at MSLabs has done a simply stunning job with these ECUs, and we are excited to stock them at our California facility for immediate shipment to US customers. MSLabs sets their MS3 apart by designing and printing their own custom boards within the ECU to add features that go above and beyond what a homebrew MS3 is normally capable of. We feel that the MS3 Basic is the best value available in a Megasquirt product today, and we're excited to add them to our catalog. Our development NB2 will be using an MS3 Basic as well.
These will be available on our website shortly at $1050
and we're able to offer free UPS Ground shipping to the lower 48 states as well. We have ECUs in stock now
for all years except 96-97 (available upon demand), and we do intend to keep these units in stock for immediate shipment. To order, email me at email@example.com
and I will contact you with payment and shipping details.
Many of you are already well versed in Reverant's boxes, but for those of you who are just stumbling across them for the first time, here's a list of the major features of these boxes.
- Direct Fit – plugs into OEM harness with no cutting/splicing needed
- Preloaded firmware and basemap
- Full step-by-step install documentation included with each ECU
- MS3 processor
- 16x16 VE (fuel) and ignition tables
- Map-switching support (multiple fuel/ignition tables)
- Flex Fuel E85 support (Continental sensor)
- EGO Feedback (fuel trim via Wideband O2) with 12x12 AFR target table
- Onboard MAP sensor (supports up to 21psi of boost – external MAP support for more boost)
- 4 injector outputs, 4 ignition outputs (sequential spark and fuel support)
- Closed Loop Idle control (including A/C idle-up)
- Electronic boost control (solenoid sold separately) and Overboost Protection
- Coolant fan and Condenser fan control
- Tachometer output (important for those of you looking to run LS or IGN-1A coils)
- VICS/VTCS control
- Alternator control for 99-05
- Battery light control for 99-05 (alerts to high/low voltage conditions via factory battery light)
- VSS input (94-05)
- VVT control (including 90-00 with 01-05 cylinder head)
- CEL control (configurable via software to alert you to sensor failures)
- 3 spare programmable outputs
- 4 spare digital inputs
- 5 spare analog inputs (oil pressure, oil temperature, etc)
- Knock module installed as standard (90-97 must add sensor)
- RTC module installed as standard, complete with battery (for SD card logging)
The box itself. Nice machined case, fully contained.
Left side. Integrated ECU plugs mean this plugs in just like a factory ECU. You can also see the integrated USB-Serial adapter connector and the SD card slot.
Right side. DB37 connector provides access to the multitude of additional features available, such as VVT control for 90-00 users, knock sensor input for 90-97 users, sequential spark triggers, sequential fuel triggers for 90-93 federal cars, and lots more. There's also a serial output for those of you with your own serial-USB adapters, as well as the onboard MAP sensor input.