Originally Posted by Joe Perez
And by "NA," I assume that you mean "NC," yes?
I see very little resemblance to the NA here. It's got the NC's pop-star-eyebrow headlights, the NC's bulbous fender flares, the NC's mammoth front grille and ostentatious foglight pods...
EDIT: got it. Sorry I am talking about the ND chassis...Not the 25th anniv. NC
Don't know how the outside will look...not sure where you got your info from...
never really looked at the internals of an NC in detail, so you could be right. But compared to an NA... (assumming this is the final design...which I don't know).
1) front suspension particularly the LCA are of near identical shape. It looks like they have made some changes in the mount design for the shock, but nothing too crazy.
2) front & rear sway bars are mounted in similar position, but the front now mount to the subframe rather than an attachment to the frame rails.
3) tie-rod attachment @ the front, so nothing unexpected there...
4) PPF is still there.
5) shifter placement is straight through.
6) the front subframe even has those two tongue looking attachments going rearward!
Rear is obviously completely different due to multi-link, but I certainly won't complain about getting a "better" suspension setup for the rear.
In anycase, NA or NC like, its definitely got NA heritage and lots of improvments over the NA guts. I certainly wouldn't complain about NC parts being on this since the NC is very nice car anyway.
Just think, NC components @ NA weight? what's not to like?