Faelflora breaks his promise to break no more parts. He breaks eddy brakes. - Page 211 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Build Threads Building a motor? Post the progress here.

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-28-2016, 07:27 PM   #4201
Destroyer of Inconel
iTrader: (37)
 
EO2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: In ur driveway, abusin' ur WPA
Posts: 9,245
Total Cats: 862
Default

Ohmygod whatjusthappenedhere
EO2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 07:31 PM   #4202
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 176
Total Cats: -4
Default

Hey Faeflora

this thread is too long to be a useful place to learn from, can you do a single post summing up the data you aquired? I'd love to see all the final data/pictures/ext.
Boost_addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 08:00 PM   #4203
mkturbo.com
iTrader: (24)
 
shuiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 13,047
Total Cats: 907
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faeflora View Post
lars post pics of the pieces of what was a nice car
I'll get pictures next week when I get back from MaTG. Shitty week at work and have not had a chance to work on manifold any.
shuiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 08:20 PM   #4204
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 34,370
Total Cats: 2,245
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faeflora View Post
Team Miley in here. heartemoji!!
you can't afford me bbgurl
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 08:21 PM   #4205
I take big bites
iTrader: (1)
 
turbofan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hurricane, UT
Posts: 6,421
Total Cats: 469
Default

Hey fae

come to Miatas at MRLS with us.
turbofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 08:32 PM   #4206
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 34,370
Total Cats: 2,245
Default

isn't he in Los Angeles now? that's like 3 hours away. no excuses

I was just in San Diego, woulda stopped by but I had my family, and can't risk exposing them to FairyFlower
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 10:26 PM   #4207
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Faeflora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 8,780
Total Cats: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_addict View Post
Hey Faeflora

this thread is too long to be a useful place to learn from, can you do a single post summing up the data you aquired? I'd love to see all the final data/pictures/ext.
And how will you compensate me for this information? Here is an introductory statment to help you bid accordingly:

Is a car still a carriage if it does not carry anyone? If one is interested in experiencing G forces in their car, should one aim for the average G forces sustained over time, or strive for peak Gs? Say you have something you love and enjoy. Will you love it more if you cut out its heart and replace all of its organs with subjectively better ones? Will you love it most if you fry its brain with a knitting needle and enscone it in a glassine palace of stasis? In college, I shared my murder-ideating poetry with a girl. She told me that to kill something is to possess it. Eternally. Is this what you should do with something you love? Let's talk about these things. Come on, get in the back of my 1989 dodge grand caravan. It has a cloth ceiling for you to look at and it has cookies. I even have a cookie flavored like a birthday cake. Yes, yes, I know you like birthday cale. Thank you for getting in. Now. If you eat enough cookies and get nice and soft and squishy, the way I like. Then, when we are prepared, I will tell you the story of Faeflora.
Faeflora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 01:55 AM   #4208
SADFab Destructive Testing Engineer
iTrader: (5)
 
aidandj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Beaverton, USA
Posts: 16,811
Total Cats: 1,251
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faeflora View Post
And how will you compensate me for this information? Here is an introductory statment to help you bid accordingly:

Is a car still a carriage if it does not carry anyone? If one is interested in experiencing G forces in their car, should one aim for the average G forces sustained over time, or strive for peak Gs? Say you have something you love and enjoy. Will you love it more if you cut out its heart and replace all of its organs with subjectively better ones? Will you love it most if you fry its brain with a knitting needle and enscone it in a glassine palace of stasis? In college, I shared my murder-ideating poetry with a girl. She told me that to kill something is to possess it. Eternally. Is this what you should do with something you love? Let's talk about these things. Come on, get in the back of my 1989 dodge grand caravan. It has a cloth ceiling for you to look at and it has cookies. I even have a cookie flavored like a birthday cake. Yes, yes, I know you like birthday cale. Thank you for getting in. Now. If you eat enough cookies and get nice and soft and squishy, the way I like. Then, when we are prepared, I will tell you the story of Faeflora.


aidandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 02:12 AM   #4209
Mr Broke Pants
iTrader: (8)
 
thumpetto007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,329
Total Cats: 64
Default

I've been eating a lot of chips, jerky, and pizza, so I'm getting nice and fat. Maybe I could check out that cloth ceiling...

Jk. I'm a top.
thumpetto007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 02:22 AM   #4210
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 34,370
Total Cats: 2,245
Default

it's only disturbing when it's unexpected
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 12:32 AM   #4211
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Mobius's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 2,841
Total Cats: 228
Default

But Fae is back, and mt.net is better for it.
Mobius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 12:37 AM   #4212
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 34,370
Total Cats: 2,245
Default

he's not. he accidentally drunk-found this place while looking for rape videos
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 12:52 AM   #4213
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Mobius's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 2,841
Total Cats: 228
Default

Mobius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 10:10 PM   #4214
mkturbo.com
iTrader: (24)
 
shuiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 13,047
Total Cats: 907
Default

Switching things up and going with a TSE manifold now.


Yes a Sawzall was used.

shuiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 10:11 PM   #4215
I take big bites
iTrader: (1)
 
turbofan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hurricane, UT
Posts: 6,421
Total Cats: 469
Default

OMFG I MUST HAVE IT
turbofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 10:13 PM   #4216
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Leafy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NH
Posts: 8,916
Total Cats: 93
Default

WTF? Theres still metal in that car to sawsall?
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 10:13 PM   #4217
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 34,370
Total Cats: 2,245
Default

win

I bet he has a sawzall in the trunk with the rest of the essentials
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 10:15 PM   #4218
mkturbo.com
iTrader: (24)
 
shuiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 13,047
Total Cats: 907
Default

I completely understand why it is taking Savington so long to get out down pipes. Clearance is tight back there.
shuiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 12:00 AM   #4219
Senior Member
iTrader: (14)
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Las Cruces, NM
Posts: 1,344
Total Cats: 214
Default

Is it the camera angle or is that downpipe really close to the brake line?
99mx5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 08:17 AM   #4220
mkturbo.com
iTrader: (24)
 
shuiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 13,047
Total Cats: 907
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99mx5 View Post
Is it the camera angle or is that downpipe really close to the brake line?
It is really close. I will be bending the brake line some to get more clearance and then building a heat shield some how. This is purely a street car, so it won't ever be subject to what a track car goes through.
shuiend is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project Gemini - Turbo Civic on the Cheap Full_Tilt_Boogie Build Threads 55 05-06-2017 08:18 PM
OTS Bilstein to motorsports ASN conversion stoves Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain 5 04-21-2016 03:00 PM
94-97 JR Header, FM Stage 1 Happy Meal, Carillo rods & Supertech Pistons eddy1128 Miata parts for sale/trade 8 12-10-2015 05:34 PM
New personal best 1/8th mile tehzack Dynos and timesheets 10 09-21-2015 06:30 PM
'92 tune, built motor whinin MEGAsquirt 0 09-15-2015 08:37 PM


Tags
allofit, califaeflorian, faeflora, fael, frame rail, freefae, hydra is best, justice4fae, liberate gay fae, noban, noneofit, progress, sawzall, unbanninated, we want justice

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:22 PM.