ID1000 install questions. ALL ID1000 OWNERS GET IN HERE - Page 3 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Engine Performance This section is for discussion on all engine building related questions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-03-2010, 12:47 PM   #41
Murderator
Thread Starter
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,168
Total Cats: 2,573
Default

Payment sent to Phillip
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:46 AM   #42
Elite Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Kingston, Ontario
Posts: 2,791
Total Cats: 71
Default

the injectors were supposed to come with a connector harness?

ah i rewired my car with the injectors i got from emilio and was all ughhhhhhh about that since i read plug and play.
shlammed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:00 AM   #43
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 88
Total Cats: -9
Default

LULZ at buying $500 injectors and knowing nothing about them
Trackwhore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:20 AM   #44
Elite Member
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Springfield IL
Posts: 2,750
Total Cats: 24
Default

The EV6 injectors will work with EV1 clips, but you lose the locking mechanism and you have to trim the injector, which I assume the OP won't do since he's not willing to solder the new pigtails on his old harness.
chpmnsws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:30 AM   #45
Murderator
Thread Starter
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,168
Total Cats: 2,573
Default

Exactly. I don't want to solder. It just bugs me. I don't like hacked wiring.
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 05:28 AM   #46
Elite Member
iTrader: (15)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Incline Village, NV
Posts: 2,073
Total Cats: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18psi View Post
Exactly. I don't want to solder. It just bugs me. I don't like hacked wiring.
Solder can be done very nicely with some heat shrink tubing. I didn't bother reading all three pages but you can just splice the connectors on the ID1000s right onto your stock harness. I think i read someplace that your scared to do such a thing, but it will get you on the road.
thesnowboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:59 AM   #47
Newb
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 33
Total Cats: -1
Default

Those 460's you pulled out look like low impedance ones.

Edit: My bad.
zbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:59 AM   #48
Murderator
Thread Starter
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,168
Total Cats: 2,573
Default

Those are not 460s' I pulled out. They are 230's.
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:04 AM   #49
Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Concord, North Carolina
Posts: 4,172
Total Cats: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18psi View Post
Are the NA and NB injector harnesses exactly the same? I think I can find a few NA's at the local scrap yard, but I doubt they have nb.

The other problem is most ******s around here won't sell you an injector harness.
Its considered "part of the engine" and they won't part it out.

****
Contact Steve at Panic Motorsports in Columbia, SC...he'll sell you an injector harness at a pretty cheap rate. Tell him Adam @ 42 Autosports pointed you that way. We bought like 3 to repair a few cars a while back from him. (yes...lots of jacked up wiring harnesses around these parts)
miatamania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:20 AM   #50
Senior Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Yamato Japan
Posts: 692
Total Cats: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18psi View Post
Exactly. I don't want to solder. It just bugs me. I don't like hacked wiring.
I don't mean to poo poo on the thread, I'm just honestly curious. What's with the illogical fear of soldering? As stated, a good solder joint, in shrink wrap packed with dielectic grease can be done very professionally.

Soldering is my favorite part of car modification.
tasty danish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:59 AM   #51
Elite Member
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Springfield IL
Posts: 2,750
Total Cats: 24
Default

Many people don't like soldering, so he's not out of the norm. Done right, it'll last the lifetime of the car. Done wrong, and you could be chasing your own tail diagnosing the faulty wiring. Practice, practice, practice! I spent years playing with rc cars before messing with real cars, and still make impressive soldering connections from time to time. Looks like he has the situation sorted out though
chpmnsws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:52 PM   #52
Murderator
Thread Starter
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,168
Total Cats: 2,573
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miatamania View Post
Contact Steve at Panic Motorsports in Columbia, SC...he'll sell you an injector harness at a pretty cheap rate. Tell him Adam @ 42 Autosports pointed you that way. We bought like 3 to repair a few cars a while back from him. (yes...lots of jacked up wiring harnesses around these parts)
Thanx man. levnubhin got this covered already by sending me a harness yesterday

If it doesn't work for whatever reason I'll call your guy.
I appreciate it
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasty danish View Post
I don't mean to poo poo on the thread, I'm just honestly curious. What's with the illogical fear of soldering? As stated, a good solder joint, in shrink wrap packed with dielectic grease can be done very professionally.

Soldering is my favorite part of car modification.
for this reason\/
Quote:
Originally Posted by chpmnsws6 View Post
Many people don't like soldering, so he's not out of the norm. Done right, it'll last the lifetime of the car. Done wrong, and you could be chasing your own tail diagnosing the faulty wiring. Practice, practice, practice! I spent years playing with rc cars before messing with real cars, and still make impressive soldering connections from time to time. Looks like he has the situation sorted out though
Yup.
A bunch of my friends have had nothing but problems with wiring before. I'm just paranoid. No real reason.
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:59 PM   #53
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 62
Total Cats: 1
Default

Are you the first around here with Adaptronic and ID1000 ?
Thats my new setup as well but I won't start install before a couple of weeks.
I read the datasheet that came with the ID's and they list ms delay times for a given voltage but no ampere settings which is adjustable in WARI. I guess one could measure voltage from the harness in test mode or something.
arildh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:04 PM   #54
Murderator
Thread Starter
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,168
Total Cats: 2,573
Default

I'm the only person I know of so far.
Haven't even gotten to the point of setting them up in WARI.
Hopefully its not that difficult.
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 03:20 PM   #55
Elite Member
iTrader: (15)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 4,889
Total Cats: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arildh View Post
Are you the first around here with Adaptronic and ID1000 ?
Thats my new setup as well but I won't start install before a couple of weeks.
I read the datasheet that came with the ID's and they list ms delay times for a given voltage but no ampere settings which is adjustable in WARI. I guess one could measure voltage from the harness in test mode or something.
Al you need to do is enter those numbers into the dwell versus voltage table.

The ID1000 injectors (at least the ones Emilio sells) are high-impedance so there are no current settings (like with low impedance). I have my Adaptronic set at the highest setting (1.9 amps IIRC). I am not using ID1000 injectors but mine are made from the same base Bosch injector as the ID1000.
ZX-Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Raleigh: Fiberglass headlight scope, 1.6L ECU, AFM, Hardtop latches, more bigmackloud Miata parts for sale/trade 13 09-22-2017 01:34 PM
Project Gemini - Turbo Civic on the Cheap Full_Tilt_Boogie Build Threads 57 07-19-2017 05:11 PM
1994 Spec Miata Race Car SM/SM2/SSM For Sale Quinn Cars for sale/trade 6 10-23-2016 08:58 AM
OTS Bilstein to motorsports ASN conversion stoves Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain 5 04-21-2016 04:00 PM
Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump $50 lsc224 Miata parts for sale/trade 2 10-01-2015 10:17 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:27 PM.