Local Meets, Events and Tech Days Track Day? Autox? Tech Day? Beer Run? Dave and Busters?

Pacific Northwest Crew - 09.19.09 - Corksport All Mazda Swap Meet & Dyno Day

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 08:38 PM
Elite Member

Total Cats: 2
Default Pacific Northwest Crew - 09.19.09 - Corksport All Mazda Swap Meet & Dyno Day

Not sure if anyone from here would be interested, but I plan on heading down to dyno and check out their shop.

Originally Posted by CorkSport
Corksport is excited to host our first All Mazda Swap Meet, Garage Sale, Dyno Day and Product Development Forum. Details of the swap meet space and the dyno signups are below. In addition to these events, we will be offering up a number of garage sale items here at Corksport - including prototype systems, one off designs, test parts of a number of our popular designs and a variety of seconds and ‘not fit for retail sale’ items with blemishes and/or other cosmetic issues.

We will also be hosting a short forum to discuss our product development process and new concepts about collaborating with customers to provide the highest quality in demand products for your vehicles. We are implementing a new product development submission section to our website and will be going over that and eager to hear your ideas for ways we can better connect to our customers and promote customer feedback on products that are under consideration. There will be food for sale on site and all Food and Dyno proceeds will go to charity: National Children's Cancer Society

PDF Flyer - print it and post it everywhere you want, hand them out, the more traffic the better.

Dyno day signups $40 now, $50 the day of (links in the flyer to reserve your spot) We currently have a half day booked, but can easily upgrade this to a full day in the next few weeks, but sign up soon because we need to be able to schedule additional time early if necessary. English Racing will be doing the dyno work - they run a DynoJet AWD Dyno and provide logging of Boost, AFR & HP/TQ over Speed or RPM. For those of you who I have contact information on, I will be able to send you the WinPEP files so you can do comparisons of your runs, etc on the free software that is downloadable from DynoJet. This is a pretty screamin deal overall and we'll probably stage similar cars all at the same time so as to minimize setup time in order to make this as efficient as possible.

Swap meet signups are also available now (links in the flyer to reserve your space - a 10'x10' is $10 and there are limitations to how many people can share a space).

This should have a pretty amazing turnout from the responses we've received so far so be prepared to bring your wallet or set up a space with parts to sell and/or barter for. We're also doing a garage sale to dump as much of our used parts inventory as we can...we've got crates of alternators, starters, heads, internals, suspension bits and full engines that will be set up and priced to disappear.

Any questions, feel free to ask here or just drop me an email at the contact below.

Jason Griffith
Product Development Engineer
Corksport Mazda Performance
griffith@corksport.com
twitter.com/corksport
Old 08-08-2009, 09:57 PM
Elite Member

Total Cats: 4

Let me know when your heading down there. Id be interested in checking it out as well. If it looks good ill we can have a caravan drive down there (me and you )
Old 08-09-2009, 02:16 AM
Elite Member

Total Cats: 31

I'll most likely go. I need to get off my *** and get more involved in the local happenings.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:52 AM
Elite Member

I just paid up for a spot on the dyno, so I will definitely be there.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:08 PM
Elite Member

Signing up now!

Registered, Everyone in the northwest should come up to this!
Old 08-10-2009, 01:49 AM
Elite Member

There's also night drags at Portland Raceway that might be worth going to.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:18 AM
Elite Member

The caravan for the Seattle area guys will be leaving from Krispy Kreme in Tacoma right at 8 am. Please be there prior to that if you're wanting to roll with the MazdaNW group. Should make for an interesting drive.

If the weather cooperates there's also a bunch of people planning on going to the night drags at PIR.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:09 PM
Elite Member

I'll be missing the dyno time - small business slave - I have to work Saturday. I will plan on heading over to PIR for the drags though. Put some faces with the screen names!
Old 09-15-2009, 02:14 PM
Elite Member

Total Cats: 31

Provided I can get my *** out of bed on Saturday, I'll be there.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:46 PM
Cpt. Slow

Total Cats: 1,129

Hmm, with a full tank of gas and a little tuning, I could possibly make it...at least to meet everyone, I'm not sure dyno tuning would be worth it without much more street tuning. ******* bandaids...too much **** to adjust. Cueball, if you don't see me there, text or call me when you're going to PIR, maybe I'll make it out there
Old 09-15-2009, 02:59 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by curly
Hmm, with a full tank of gas and a little tuning, I could possibly make it...at least to meet everyone, I'm not sure dyno tuning would be worth it without much more street tuning. ******* bandaids...too much **** to adjust. Cueball, if you don't see me there, text or call me when you're going to PIR, maybe I'll make it out there
Why haven't you put in a megasquirt already?!

I really wish I could go guys, my car could really use some dyno time :(
Old 09-15-2009, 04:39 PM
Cpt. Slow

$$$. If it were a daily driver car, it would have MS by now. But $200 a trackday is hard to justify, much less any other parts for a race only car. Someday... I'll justify it cause I'll be able to save on gas with a better tune
Old 09-15-2009, 04:54 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by wayne_curr
Why haven't you put in a megasquirt already?!
(
Budget constraints! He doesn't have R-comps yet for his track only car either. Good, younger guy trying to be smart with his money.

Curly, hope you can show up too!

PMed Mobius to let him know about this. Be fun if we had a bunch of NW guys able to show up.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:06 PM
Cpt. Slow

smart with my money, i'm lol'ing over here. No not over spending with a bunch of credit cards buying MS and r-comps, but I still have a dedicated race car that could've been kept NA and streetable. I'm just attempting to START to be smart with my money. So far so good, it'd be awesome if this economy picked up and I got a raise, which hasn't happened in 1.5 years. Enough thread drift though, hopefully I'll see some of you guys Saturday if I'm not too hung over from a Friday wedding.