DIY Turbo Discussion greddy on a 1.8? homebrew kit?

Any one heard of ICHIBA?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 08:38 PM

Total Cats: 0
Default Any one heard of ICHIBA?

No one in the realm of turbo miata people seems to know anything about this darn Manifold and down pipe. I have about 5 to 6 months to plane my miata turbo set up, so i thought i would bring this to everyones attention so some one can try it before me! It looks alot better then the much cheaper Megan! so take a look and tell me what you think.

Manifold: http://www.hopupracing.com/icststtumami.html
Down Pipe: http://www.hopupracing.com/icststdomi89.html

Also if you are looking for a manifold or down pipe for your set up, there is this really cool guy selling his BEGI Mani and DP in the for sale section! Its brand new and its going for a great price! Check it out!!!! : ( evil laugh because im the guy selling it.......HA HA HA HA HA....?)

https://www.miataturbo.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4640
Old 09-11-2006, 08:43 PM

Total Cats: -1

Originally Posted by Fallin Blade
No one in the realm of turbo miata people seems to know anything about this darn Manifold and down pipe. I have about 5 to 6 months to plane my miata turbo set up, so i thought i would bring this to everyones attention so some one can try it before me! It looks alot better then the much cheaper Megan! so take a look and tell me what you think.

Also if you are looking for a manifold or down pipe for your set up, there is this really cool guy selling his BEGI Mani and DP in the for sale section! Its brand new and its going for a great price! Check it out!!!! : ( evil laugh because im the guy selling it.......HA HA HA HA HA....?)

https://www.miataturbo.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4640
ATTENTION *****!!! LOL jp!
Old 09-11-2006, 11:12 PM

No one seems to know anything about this Manifold and down pipe.....It looks alot better then the much cheaper Megan! ...tell me what you think.

Well, I hate to say it but it looks the same? Is that really an original style? The design of the d/p - mani look the same as the megan.
I'm sure you are aware that there are multiple sellers of the megan stuff, and they have different names for the same item.

You're selling your bad-*** BEGI set-up for 550 and picking this one up for 478? ........ EDIT: Nevermind, read your for-sale again, sorry..

Lastly, it would be awesome if I were completely wrong. Then I'd have a replacement mani for when my cheaper Megan is no longer with us.

Last edited by UofACATS; 09-11-2006 at 11:23 PM. Reason: EDIT:
Old 09-11-2006, 11:48 PM

Man trust me it hurts more then you know!!! It's like selling my miata for a civic! The only way im able to make myself feel better is making sure i get back up from this. I guess i could just bite the bullet when its time, but i was just wondering cause nothing came up in the search. So it seems you wanna know if its any good too, so hopefully we can find out for everyone right? The Megan is Cat poop though right?
Old 09-12-2006, 12:48 AM
:(

Total Cats: 4

no the megan is a fair product you just need to fix the final angle of the dp and bracing the turbo wouldn't hurt either. so far all that has failed on mine is the gasket between the turbo and exhaust manifold new one shoud be here this afternoon.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:17 PM

how much HP are you pumping out with the 16g? i was suppose to go T3 but that went to crap so i was wondering how much i can reach with it. either that or a T25, how much can reach with one of those?
Old 09-12-2006, 07:28 PM

A nice sr20 T25 will be good for 200-230 w/ good tuning and proper fuel and timing adjustments
Old 09-12-2006, 07:42 PM

230 really? and with great spool right?
Old 09-12-2006, 07:55 PM

yea should start to spool around 2500-3500 rpms based on your tuning and exuast flow the more free flowing your exuast the quicker the spool
Old 09-12-2006, 08:07 PM
Boost Czar

Total Cats: 4,079

sure it wouldnt be fully spooled by then?!
Old 09-12-2006, 08:19 PM

im not sure....I will tell you when I install it on my car, My friend that works in a tuner shop said it would most likly spool by 2500k rpms...But im not 100% sure till Im actually running the thing!
Old 09-12-2006, 08:23 PM

I wish I could give A better ansewer braineack...But I cannot :( , hopefully it will spool before 3 k
Old 09-12-2006, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by RicanmiataRacer
im not sure....I will tell you when I install it on my car, My friend that works in a tuner shop said it would most likly spool by 2500k rpms...But im not 100% sure till Im actually running the thing!
I would think that would be a resonable expectation.

Your problem with the DSM T25 is, from what I am told, is getting it to run LESS than 12 psi.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:01 PM

Its a nissan t25, not DSM , I got it from a SR20 guy who upgraded, from what Im told these can flow up to 14psi
Old 09-12-2006, 09:03 PM

the factory wastegate is set @ 7psi
Old 09-12-2006, 09:53 PM

I have the same turbo going in sooner or later, I suspect on my 1.8 it will make a bit more boost and a bit less power compared to the 2.0 SR.
Old 09-13-2006, 12:27 AM
:(

Total Cats: 4

how much HP are you pumping out with the 16g? i was suppose to go T3 but that went to crap so i was wondering how much i can reach with it. either that or a T25, how much can reach with one of those?
my last dyno was at about 200 dynojet whp and 8-9 psi now that i am 12 psi i hope to be at least 230 whp. we'll see. the small 16g i have spools very quickly but of course i dont run an IC so my plenum is smaller than most of the people running around here by a wide margin.the small 16g is supposed to be good for 350 or so chp at 15 psi.
Old 09-13-2006, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by ecugrad
I would think that would be a resonable expectation.

Your problem with the DSM T25 is, from what I am told, is getting it to run LESS than 12 psi.
I'll confirm "RicanmiataRacer." Factory gate 7 (or 8) psi. The car raises it the rest of the way. For a bunch of non-pertinent info, keep reading.. :gay:

The DSM runs a factory "boost controller," the Boost Control Solenoid. Call it a BCS. Like a MBC, boost gets bled off by the solenoid. "By doing so, it delays the opening of the wastegate and allows the turbo to push more boost. The solenoid closes up and lowers boost as a way to control knock along with cutting back the ignition advance."

Tell your boy.
Old 09-13-2006, 01:34 PM

The Megan is Cat poop though right?
Yes, my manifold is comprised entirely of cat poop.

Nah, I really don't know yet. Can't say. We've all heard it's a POS, it's garbage, it cracks after 15 minutes, add "cat poop" to the list..

I bought it a long time ago, and as we know, the DIY kit gets built around the manifold, so i'll be sticking it out. I'll have no problem reporting the results, good or bad. Pictures included. (There is a thread here about the Megan manifold) https://www.miataturbo.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3082

Sorry about the bashing in your for sale, I read your post again then EDITed my original.

I think the real problem with buying a manifold / downpipe combo that's "suspect" is that to change to a different setup requires additional changes. If you swap manifolds, then your downpipe won't fit, and probably your turbo too, plus whatever else I can't think of.

Attached Thumbnails Any one heard of ICHIBA?-catpoop.jpg  
Old 09-13-2006, 06:57 PM

Thats freakin gross, and you know what else, i just saved a bunch of money oncar insurance by switching to GICO!~

Quick Reply: Any one heard of ICHIBA?