Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats. (https://www.miataturbo.net/)
-   Insert BS here (https://www.miataturbo.net/insert-bs-here-4/)
-   -   Gustav is getting close (https://www.miataturbo.net/insert-bs-here-4/gustav-getting-close-25503/)

greenday3437 08-30-2008 08:09 PM

Gustav is getting close
 
Well, its reached a cat 4 now, and its headed our way.. I got a call a while ago saying I have to come in to work tomorrow morning for preperation or whatever. I guess so much for my 4 day weekend

Hope everyone here thats in its path is well prepared .

http://www.weather.com/newscenter/tr.../?from=hp_news

bryantaylor 08-30-2008 08:18 PM

we still have standing water everywhere here from fay, and now we have more storms coming, this sucks!

naarleven 08-30-2008 08:49 PM

Yeah its raining here right now. Some outside storms coming off of Gustav.

Just hope i'll be outta town when Hanna comes and strolls in.

patsmx5 08-30-2008 09:04 PM

I'm in North Mississippi at MSU right now but my home is on the coast in Pascagoula, MS. Right on the coast as In my house is waterview property. In Katrina the garage had 9' and the house had 6'. We raised the house 39" and now have flood insurance on it. But the garage has 3 new engines I bought this summer in there and a 98 sentra that's waiting on the new motor to be put it. Oh and about 2K in tools I bought this summer in the garage. All uninsured. And my new wheels and tires are in there. It will all be ruined and float away most likely. Sucks.

cardriverx 08-30-2008 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patsmx5 (Post 302992)
I'm in North Mississippi at MSU right now but my home is on the coast in Pascagoula, MS. Right on the coast as In my house is waterview property. In Katrina the garage had 9' and the house had 6'. We raised the house 39" and now have flood insurance on it. But the garage has 3 new engines I bought this summer in there and a 98 sentra that's waiting on the new motor to be put it. Oh and about 2K in tools I bought this summer in the garage. All uninsured. And my new wheels and tires are in there. It will all be ruined and float away most likely. Sucks.

Then why arnt you home for the weekend putting all of it but the car in your upstairs then booking like a mofo???

patsmx5 08-30-2008 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardriverx (Post 302997)
Then why arnt you home for the weekend putting all of it but the car in your upstairs then booking like a mofo???

Cause my Dad said not to. I'm gonna call a few friends later and try to get one of them to throw most of my tools in my truck and park it on higher ground.

Markp 08-30-2008 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patsmx5 (Post 302992)
I'm in North Mississippi at MSU right now but my home is on the coast in Pascagoula, MS. Right on the coast as In my house is waterview property. In Katrina the garage had 9' and the house had 6'. We raised the house 39" and now have flood insurance on it. But the garage has 3 new engines I bought this summer in there and a 98 sentra that's waiting on the new motor to be put it. Oh and about 2K in tools I bought this summer in the garage. All uninsured. And my new wheels and tires are in there. It will all be ruined and float away most likely. Sucks.

Someone needs to get in there with some plastic bags and invest 5 mins in saving your shit.

Mark

compy 08-31-2008 12:26 AM

How many does it take...

viperormiata 08-31-2008 12:34 AM

I feel your pain...I live in the keys and am getting some really shitty weather from gustav. Just got done cleaning up from Fay.

Come to think of it I really don't know how my car has survived all these years. I am just so lucky to live in all the right places for storms to hit directly on my house.

andrew 5' surge
ivan 18-22' surge
dennis 10-12' surge
wilma 6'surge
etc.. lots more just can't remember the names

I'm moving to Orlando in a year to finish school at UCF and if anybody lives in this area please give some info on the weather there as far as storms go.

UrbanSoot 08-31-2008 12:53 AM

sucks.

johndoe 08-31-2008 12:55 AM

Move.

icantthink4155 08-31-2008 01:29 AM

I never even heard about this...

johndoe 08-31-2008 01:38 AM

Don't worry about it man, just worry about your balls freezing off in about four months. :wavey:

Is there any place in this country that just has spring and fall; no winter or summer, and no fucking tornadoes or hurricanes or other manifestation of gods hand bitch slapping you?

And does anyone else find it slightly ironic that it's the areas of the country that probably have the highest concentration of highly religious people that keep getting fucked by this kind of stuff? You don't see any tornadoes or fucking tsunamis in Chelsea in NYC now do you?

bryantaylor 08-31-2008 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johndoe (Post 303052)
And does anyone else find it slightly ironic that it's the areas of the country that probably have the highest concentration of highly religious people that keep getting fucked by this kind of stuff? You don't see any tornadoes or fucking tsunamis in Chelsea in NYC now do you?

people in the midwest don't get killed over scuffed nikes or a drug deal gone bad, so mother nature has to do the killing and distruction.

viperormiata 08-31-2008 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johndoe (Post 303040)
Move.

I am leaving the keys in one year but, I really don't want to leave florida.
Even if i do it will just be some other natural disaster.

johndoe 08-31-2008 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bryantaylor (Post 303060)
people in the midwest don't get killed over scuffed nikes or a drug deal gone bad, so mother nature has to do the killing and distruction.

I guess you don't know NYC too well. I was trying to make a joke about that particular neighborhood. You're not getting killed in Chelsea. It's one of the gayest places in the country.

Trent 08-31-2008 02:31 AM

well, the eye is going to pass right over my house. we are evacuating to panama city rigt now. the traffic on I-10 sucks.

johndoe 08-31-2008 03:23 AM

sucks ass. good luck

Rafa 08-31-2008 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markp (Post 303017)
Someone needs to get in there with some plastic bags and invest 5 mins in saving your shit.

Mark

Listen to Mark Pat. Get someone there asap and get as much of your shit out as you can. Gustav began right next to us and I just saw the pics from Cuba. When it strengthens again on the Gulf it's going to be a monster.

BTW, to anyone in it's path; get ready for this storm. We always have a small power generator but we also use inverters and car batteries. That way we charge the batteries with the generator and keep things refrigerated for many days.

bryantaylor 08-31-2008 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johndoe (Post 303062)
I guess you don't know NYC too well. I was trying to make a joke about that particular neighborhood. You're not getting killed in Chelsea. It's one of the gayest places in the country.

i don't know the midwest either, i was also just making a joke. :pitlab:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:50 PM.