How (and why) to Ramble On your domestic shorthair - Page 423 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Go Back  Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats. > General Discussion > Insert BS here
Reload this Page >

How (and why) to Ramble On your domestic shorthair

Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

How (and why) to Ramble On your domestic shorthair

Old 06-16-2011, 07:20 AM
  #8441  
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 7,947
Total Cats: 43
Default

I wonder if this 8 drawer roll away tool box will fit in my passenger side with the seat out... I'm about to find out. My truck I was going to borrow is now being used by someone else. I know engine blocks fit, so surely a 42"x26"x18" box will fit.
NA6C-Guy is offline  
Old 06-16-2011, 08:17 AM
  #8442  
Elite Member
iTrader: (24)
 
kotomile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Monterey, CA
Posts: 7,538
Total Cats: 40
Default

Originally Posted by viperormiata View Post
LOL @ religion.

Time to move on, people.
+1

Less than 10% of my tour remains.
kotomile is offline  
Old 06-16-2011, 08:38 AM
  #8443  
Elite Member
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 6,799
Total Cats: 68
Default

I was outside last night when those crazy storms hit, scary ****. I can honestly say when lightning was hitting within 200yds and several trees snapped like a 90yr old's hip, I started to wonder if we were going to be a story on the news. My GF and I were at an amphitheater for a show and eventhough we were in the pit and under the roof, it did little good. Several trees on the property went down, lightning hitting on the property and branches flying through the air sideways. But that wasn't what scared me, it was the roof of the building lifting up and down on the steel crossbeams that really got my spider senses tingling...and I started having flashes of the whole damn thing coming down as the winds (the fun straight-line variety) had to have been in the neighborhood of 70-80mph+. I will pass on being outside in that kinda **** again.
Doppelgänger is offline  
Old 06-16-2011, 08:56 AM
  #8444  
Boost Pope
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Perez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago. (The non-murder part.)
Posts: 28,130
Total Cats: 2,524
Default

Originally Posted by Doppelgänger View Post
I was outside last night when those crazy storms hit, scary ****.
I was inside the rack room at *** Radio (Birmingham) when it hit, and we got an EAS alert on WZZK.

Which confirmed that the 162.550 receiver is finally working properly! Our first actual EAS relay!

(Yes, it takes an odd breed to be excited about hearing a severe weather alert.)
Joe Perez is offline  
Old 06-16-2011, 09:30 AM
  #8445  
Elite Member
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 6,799
Total Cats: 68
Default

I miss the older robotic voice EAS alerts...the voice sounded like Apu from The Simpsons reading off weather alerts. The new 'more human' voice is not as interesting (albeit more understandable and doesn't mispronounce some words with strange intonation).
Doppelgänger is offline  
Old 06-16-2011, 11:00 AM
  #8446  
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 7,947
Total Cats: 43
Default

Originally Posted by Joe Perez View Post
I was inside the rack room at *** Radio (Birmingham) when it hit, and we got an EAS alert on WZZK.

Which confirmed that the 162.550 receiver is finally working properly! Our first actual EAS relay!

(Yes, it takes an odd breed to be excited about hearing a severe weather alert.)
In my neck of the woods eh.

We had a storm? Really? When was this?
NA6C-Guy is offline  
Old 06-16-2011, 11:01 AM
  #8447  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Round Pond, ME
Posts: 727
Total Cats: 21
Default

Originally Posted by kotomile View Post
+1

Less than 10% of my tour remains.
Sweet. Continue not getting shot.
xturner is offline  
Old 06-16-2011, 11:32 AM
  #8448  
Boost Pope
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Perez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago. (The non-murder part.)
Posts: 28,130
Total Cats: 2,524
Default

Originally Posted by NA6C-Guy View Post
We had a storm? Really? When was this?
SVR was received last night at 22:13:17.
Joe Perez is offline  
Old 06-16-2011, 11:37 AM
  #8449  
Elite Member
iTrader: (24)
 
kotomile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Monterey, CA
Posts: 7,538
Total Cats: 40
Default

Not getting shot, check. Not getting shot at is another matter, leauxl.
kotomile is offline  
Old 06-16-2011, 12:19 PM
  #8450  
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 7,947
Total Cats: 43
Default

"Yes sir, your 8 drawer roll away toolbox ordered on the 11th is here. Just pull up down stairs and they will load it into your truck for you..."

I'm gonna roll up in my little gay Miata and they are probably going to give me the WTF look.
NA6C-Guy is offline  
Old 06-16-2011, 12:23 PM
  #8451  
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
pusha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 7,328
Total Cats: -33
Default

Both of the massive central AC units at my parents' house took a **** last night. I might have to go outside and work on my Miata, this sucks.
pusha is offline  
Old 06-16-2011, 01:28 PM
  #8452  
Elite Member
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Gainesville,Fl
Posts: 3,319
Total Cats: 7
Default

Ancient aliens on the history channel blew my mind last night.
turotufas is offline  
Old 06-16-2011, 01:33 PM
  #8453  
Boost Pope
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Perez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago. (The non-murder part.)
Posts: 28,130
Total Cats: 2,524
Default

Originally Posted by NA6C-Guy View Post
I'm gonna roll up in my little gay Miata and they are probably going to give me the WTF look.
I got that look when the guy at Harbor Freight wheeled out my newly purchased engine hoist and engine stand several years ago; three pretty large boxes (and one small box) on one of those big push-carts.

(I had already removed the pax seat and brought a half-dozen ratcheting straps with me to secure the load.)

He was impressed when it all went in and the door closed. Top was down, of course.
Joe Perez is offline  
Old 06-16-2011, 01:37 PM
  #8454  
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
pusha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 7,328
Total Cats: -33
Default

Originally Posted by pusha View Post
Both of the massive central AC units at my parents' house took a **** last night. I might have to go outside and work on my Miata, this sucks.
Just got the estimate, $14k. I could double my C5's whp for that much.
pusha is offline  
Old 06-16-2011, 01:39 PM
  #8455  
Elite Member
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 6,799
Total Cats: 68
Default

Originally Posted by pusha View Post
Just got the estimate, $14k. I could double my C5's whp for that much.
Or go post-op like you've been dreaming of for all these years.
Doppelgänger is offline  
Old 06-16-2011, 01:40 PM
  #8456  
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
pusha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 7,328
Total Cats: -33
Default

Originally Posted by Doppelgänger View Post
Or go post-op like you've been dreaming of for all these years.
Then what would you have to probe yourself with? My fingers can only reach so far.
pusha is offline  
Old 06-16-2011, 01:48 PM
  #8457  
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 7,947
Total Cats: 43
Default

Originally Posted by Joe Perez View Post
I got that look when the guy at Harbor Freight wheeled out my newly purchased engine hoist and engine stand several years ago; three pretty large boxes (and one small box) on one of those big push-carts.

(I had already removed the pax seat and brought a half-dozen ratcheting straps with me to secure the load.)

He was impressed when it all went in and the door closed. Top was down, of course.
Yeah, mine was less impressive. I had about 4 of the people from the back room at Sears and dozens of customers looking at me like I was retarded trying to make this box fit, that clearly wasn't going to fit. I was standing up on the roll bars and **** "No, it'll go, just gimme a second, shift this that way... lower that corner... there" and still a foot of the box was sticking out of the door. Finally the head lady came out and said NO! Take it back in, that's a liability. You'll have to come back with a truck sir. I had a truck, but the one ******* day I need it, someone else has to borrow it and now I don't have it...

My Miata has let me down today.
NA6C-Guy is offline  
Old 06-16-2011, 02:10 PM
  #8458  
Crumple Zone Tester
iTrader: (7)
 
mgeoffriau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jackson, MS
Posts: 7,746
Total Cats: 469
Default

Originally Posted by NA6C-Guy View Post
Finally the head lady came out and said NO! Take it back in, that's a liability. You'll have to come back with a truck sir.
What the hell? You've already purchased the box, what business is it of theirs how you transport it home? I'd have told her that she can either lend me her truck, or stay out of my business.
mgeoffriau is offline  
Old 06-16-2011, 02:34 PM
  #8459  
NB/VVT Connoisseur
iTrader: (24)
 
viperormiata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Key West
Posts: 6,124
Total Cats: 252
Default

Originally Posted by turotufas View Post
Ancient aliens on the history channel blew my mind last night.
I love that show. Read, Chariots of the Gods, by Erich von Däniken. It will blow your mind.....HARDER
viperormiata is offline  
Old 06-16-2011, 03:42 PM
  #8460  
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 7,947
Total Cats: 43
Default

Originally Posted by mgeoffriau View Post
What the hell? You've already purchased the box, what business is it of theirs how you transport it home? I'd have told her that she can either lend me her truck, or stay out of my business.
Yeah. It didn't exactly fit anyway, but if it would have I would have told her to get lost.
NA6C-Guy is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How (and why) to Ramble On your domestic shorthair


Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.