User names - Page 4 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-16-2008, 07:36 PM   #61
Elite Member
iTrader: (46)
 
Stein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 4,812
Total Cats: 138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by levnubhin View Post
leaving u behind
You will always be lev nubin to me.

Mine is kind of drawn out.

My buddies and I started playing hold 'em and Omaha back in the 90's before it was mainstream. We would play 12 hours Friday, 12 Saturday and usually snuck in another 6 on Sunday. My ex-wife (then wife) didn't seem to mind.

Back then there was a pro named John Krunkelton. Well, my name is John Kunkle. So, Krunkelton stuck for a while.

Then, because I had a tendancy to play poker pretty tight, it was changed to Krunkelstein.

After that, it was later shortened to Stein and that has stuck since. It's funny, one day after playing with a new guy that had joined us for 3-4 years, he finally asked me what my real name is. He had no idea.
Stein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 08:29 PM   #62
Boost Pope
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Perez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Delicious and Moist.
Posts: 26,328
Total Cats: 1,926
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cueball1 View Post
Joe, as usual you are scary at making complete BS sound convincing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscar View Post
I pretty much don't believe a word he says at this point. We need a JP specific section on Snopes.com
Don't you people read history? The Winter Palace, located in what is now the city of St. Petersburg, was the home of the Imperial Court and the official residence of the Tsars of Russia from 1732 (under the reign of Anna Ivanovna, Duchess of Courland) until the revolution of 1917 dethroned Nicholas II of the House of Romanov, son of Alexander III. The palace was in fact home to the largest and most diverse wine cellar in recorded history, a tribute to the excesses of the Tsars, which was one focal point of the Bolshevik movement that culminated in the October revolution.

After the palace was taken and the cellar opened, the revolution quickly degraded into a gigantic block party. The wine fueled a debacle of looting and pillaging which lasted for nearly a full month. The new interim government, fearing that its reputation as a solemn and reasonable movement stood at the precipice, finally brought an end to the revelry and restored order with the imposition of martial law across the entire city of Petrograd.
Joe Perez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 08:30 PM   #63
Elite Member
iTrader: (22)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Sunny Spanish speaking Non US Caribbean
Posts: 3,257
Total Cats: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stein View Post
You will always be lev nubin to me.

Mine is kind of drawn out.

My buddies and I started playing hold 'em and Omaha back in the 90's before it was mainstream. We would play 12 hours Friday, 12 Saturday and usually snuck in another 6 on Sunday. My ex-wife (then wife) didn't seem to mind.

Back then there was a pro named John Krunkelton. Well, my name is John Kunkle. So, Krunkelton stuck for a while.

Then, because I had a tendancy to play poker pretty tight, it was changed to Krunkelstein.

After that, it was later shortened to Stein and that has stuck since. It's funny, one day after playing with a new guy that had joined us for 3-4 years, he finally asked me what my real name is. He had no idea.
No ****. And all this time I'm thinking that Stein is your last name!
Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 08:32 PM   #64
Elite Member
iTrader: (22)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Sunny Spanish speaking Non US Caribbean
Posts: 3,257
Total Cats: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Perez View Post
Don't you people read history? The Winter Palace, located in what is now the city of St. Petersburg, was the home of the Imperial Court and the official residence of the Tsars of Russia from 1732 (under the reign of Anna Ivanovna, Duchess of Courland) until the revolution of 1917 dethroned Nicholas II of the House of Romanov, son of Alexander III. The palace was in fact home to the largest and most diverse wine cellar in recorded history, a tribute to the excesses of the Tsars, which was one focal point of the Bolshevik movement that culminated in the October revolution.

After the palace was taken and the cellar opened, the revolution quickly degraded into a gigantic block party. The wine fueled a debacle of looting and pillaging which lasted for nearly a full month. The new interim government, fearing that its reputation as a solemn and reasonable movement stood at the precipice, finally brought an end to the revelry and restored order with the imposition of martial law across the entire city of Petrograd.
So the last of the Romanovs then changed his last name to Perez and decided to call his descendants Joe to be inconspicuous; right?
Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 08:46 PM   #65
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Round Pond, ME
Posts: 711
Total Cats: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa View Post
So the last of the Romanovs then changed his last name to Perez and decided to call his descendants Joe to be inconspicuous; right?
No, no, no.

Joe Perez was the real name of the guy who restored order via martial law and and iron hand via what became the KGB. But they figured Joe was a too-friendly name forthe job,so he changed it to Feliks Dzerzhinsky. Sounded better on the statue in Red Square, too.

BTW - I might have you covered on the oldest guy thing.

Last real sports car was a Turner, so I'm an X-Turner driver.
xturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 08:58 PM   #66
Murderator
Thread Starter
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,202
Total Cats: 2,584
Default

joe the leader of KGB
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 09:20 PM   #67
Elite Member
iTrader: (22)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Sunny Spanish speaking Non US Caribbean
Posts: 3,257
Total Cats: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xturner View Post
No, no, no.

Joe Perez was the real name of the guy who restored order via martial law and and iron hand via what became the KGB. But they figured Joe was a too-friendly name forthe job,so he changed it to Feliks Dzerzhinsky. Sounded better on the statue in Red Square, too.

BTW - I might have you covered on the oldest guy thing.

Last real sports car was a Turner, so I'm an X-Turner driver.
lol on both counts!

What's a Turner? I'm sure it will make sense to me when you explain it.
Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:14 PM   #68
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Round Pond, ME
Posts: 711
Total Cats: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa View Post
lol on both counts!

What's a Turner? I'm sure it will make sense to me when you explain it.
Turner Sports Cars

It's a for-real British sports car - tiny motor, tiny weight. I had a 1960 950S which was a small-bore race car made street legal - maybe about 65-70hp, about 1100 lbs. The previous owner raced it with a real competition(80+hp!) motor. He ran in the 1:08's at Lime Rock in it(he's a real racer) - last year the best time for a street-legal Z06 was a 1:06. Not bad for a 400-hp deficit.
xturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 11:27 PM   #69
Elite Member
iTrader: (22)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Sunny Spanish speaking Non US Caribbean
Posts: 3,257
Total Cats: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xturner View Post
Turner Sports Cars

It's a for-real British sports car - tiny motor, tiny weight. I had a 1960 950S which was a small-bore race car made street legal - maybe about 65-70hp, about 1100 lbs. The previous owner raced it with a real competition(80+hp!) motor. He ran in the 1:08's at Lime Rock in it(he's a real racer) - last year the best time for a street-legal Z06 was a 1:06. Not bad for a 400-hp deficit.
I'm ashamed to admit that I'd never heard of it. BTW, those times are indeed impressive for that kind of hp.

Let me ask you one last thing: have you gotten a chance to drive at Lime Rock? There's always been a special place in my heart for that track. I've had the privilege of seeing really good races on TV there. Some Sport Prototypes were simply amazing there.
Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 12:15 AM   #70
AFM Crusader
iTrader: (18)
 
olderguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wayne, NJ
Posts: 4,438
Total Cats: 84
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xturner View Post
No, no, no.


BTW - I might have you covered on the oldest guy thing.
If you are referring to me;

I was already a teenager modding my first car(1940 Chevy) on the day you were born.
olderguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 07:04 AM   #71
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Round Pond, ME
Posts: 711
Total Cats: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa View Post
I'm ashamed to admit that I'd never heard of it. BTW, those times are indeed impressive for that kind of hp.

Let me ask you one last thing: have you gotten a chance to drive at Lime Rock? There's always been a special place in my heart for that track. I've had the privilege of seeing really good races on TV there. Some Sport Prototypes were simply amazing there.
I did a 1-day driving school there with PDA about 15 years ago, in my Civic Si. Not the right tool for the job, but it was cool. Having an understeer machine made the downhill turn seem a lot safer - but not real fast.

I used to go to the Camel GT races every Memorial Day - Nissan GTP's, Jags, 962's, etc. They were spectacular.
xturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 08:06 AM   #72
Junior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Va. bch
Posts: 52
Total Cats: 0
Default

Went to pay my bill at the gas station after filling up and I could hear from inside someone was honking their horn outside. It was not constant at first but gradually persisted like someone was getting impatient. When it got persistent everyone got looking at what was occuring and they started to laugh. It was my dog who got in the drivers seat and was resting on the horn and being that she didn't weigh much it came accross like it was a person honking with increased impatience.
That got me realizing that a lot of dogs seem like they are driving when when their owners leave them in the car, hence the driverdog analogy.
driverdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 12:20 PM   #73
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: MD/DE/PA
Posts: 337
Total Cats: 0
Default

It makes me feel better about myself.
the_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 12:23 PM   #74
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,900
Total Cats: 1,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_man View Post
It makes me feel better about myself.

until I put a W and an O before man.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 02:14 PM   #75
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: MD/DE/PA
Posts: 337
Total Cats: 0
Default

If I was dragged out of the closet like that, the last of my confidence would be shattered and I'd have to become an emo kid, dye my hair black, throw on some eye shadow, go home and lock myself in a room, with the lights off, crying in the fetal position in the corner. I may even decide to off myself on a live webcam. The internet is serious business, you know.
the_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 02:15 PM   #76
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,900
Total Cats: 1,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_man View Post
If I was dragged out of the closet like that, the last of my confidence would be shattered and I'd have to become an emo kid, dye my hair black, throw on some eye shadow, go home and lock myself in a room, with the lights off, crying in the fetal position in the corner. I may even decide to off myself on a live webcam. The internet is serious business, you know.

Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 03:38 PM   #77
Elite Member
iTrader: (13)
 
cjernigan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 8,147
Total Cats: 6
Default

I lack creativity, cjernigan is my first initial and last name.
Maybe I should change it to Alaskan Assassin, though I haven't killed in a few months now. Maybe Eskimo would be more appropriate, though I'm pretty fair skinned and look like I came out of a german gutter not the stomach of a whale.
cjernigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 09:43 AM   #78
Junior Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Brunswick, Maryland
Posts: 262
Total Cats: 0
Default

I like snowboarding and surfing...guy obviously...and 330 is the amount of feet equivilent to 100 meters...which most dive/surfer's watches are water proof to.

I was 10 when I came up with it...it kinda stuck with my friends.
boardboy330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 09:59 AM   #79
Elite Member
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Longs, SC
Posts: 2,583
Total Cats: 13
Default

I think mines pretty easy, I can't think... I have a Specialized Fatboy 415, and had just gotten it when originally made the SN, plus I like the number 5 so I added an extra one
icantthink4155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 08:21 PM   #80
Cpt. Slow
iTrader: (25)
 
curly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Oregon City, OR
Posts: 12,110
Total Cats: 518
Default

I have curly hair
curly is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project Gemini - Turbo Civic on the Cheap Full_Tilt_Boogie Build Threads 59 12-15-2017 09:00 PM
Moroso Air Oil Separator Catch Can Aroundcorner Miata parts for sale/trade 2 10-01-2015 04:20 PM
Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump $50 lsc224 Miata parts for sale/trade 2 10-01-2015 10:17 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:35 PM.