Was at it for about 2.5 hours today. It was cold, and I'm working in a storage unit...
First I fixed my compressor. The valve that adjusts line pressure broke... in the NO pressure position. Luckily there was a spare port on the tank pressure side... so I moved one of the connections to that side. Probably not the best for the impact gun, but I NEEDED air.
So I tried getting the end links off the control arm. Ball joint is just spinning. **** it, I cut that ****, my 949 End links were laughing at me, I'll drill it out later:
With that sorted out the front end was pretty much ready for the bushings to be removed. So I moved to the rear of the car and started prepping for the rear subframe removal. Exhaust had to come off first. The midpipe and muffler are basically one thanks to a bit of rust. So I pulled off the subframe brace that needed to come off anyways and dropped it straight down:
Only a few casualties, 2 bolts from the subframe brace. They were the ones that connected to the subframe, very easy to drill out. All good.
Easily disconnected the ABS, the harness that runs along the PPF, and calipers. Then went up top and unbolted the shocks. After much praying, I attempted to disconnect the brake line that runs to the sub frame. This must happen to drop the subframe. SO happy it came undone very easily:
Once everything was disconnected I threw the jack under the diff and hit the outer 4 subframe nuts. Those came off easy. Then slowly removed the 2 middle bolts. All came off easy. With the weight on the jack I slowly lowered it and all was good in the world.
I left the PPF attached, and drive shaft. The drive shaft will take some work... it's rusted to the diff. Figured I'd fix it now instead of just putting it off since I don't technically need to remove it.
It looks fairly rusty, but it's not too bad. Some sanding and paint will go a long way. The control arms are the worst. The rear subframe is worse than the front. Removing the bushings will be an experience.
Tomorrow I will attempt to disassemble the rear. Then I have a few heat shields to pull off for paint. From there I will start to drill out any of the broken bolts. After that I'll pull the trans off the motor and install the clutch. A few of the clutch bolts need to be drilled/tapped because they are bitches. Cross threaded like a **** and I want to not have to worry about that **** anymore. Then I still have to pull the timing belt off and fix the water pump. Going with RTV **** this time, that gasket is ****.