Hey everyone, I'm a
. I have a 99 miata with a rebuild motor that has 5000, a FMII kit, and a large hole in the side of the block. The car lasted 2 weeks after the FMII install with the boost turned down as low as possible.
My goal is to build a reliable turbo car that won't blow....Giggidy.
Money isn't a big issue, but I'm not buying Carrillo rods. I'm all ears for suggestions on reasonable stuff to buy. The car might make it to a track day once a year. I have interests in other cars as well because I'm kind of car ADHD. It'll be a road car for tearing up the mountains. It's one of my project cars with sentimental value that I've brought back from the dead only to keep killing it over and over again.
What I have:
- Spare motor for rebuild
- A machine shop where I worked at back in high school. Aka shop bitch.
- 5000 mile head from the blown motor that hopefully isn't damaged
- crossflow radiator and an oil cooler
- FMII kit with Injector Dynamic 1000cc injectors
- FM 2.25" Exhaust from a loooong time ago. I'll upgrade one day.
From all the threads I've read this is what I'm planning on ordering
- Manley rods and Wisco 8.5:1 Pistons. Cheapest I've found is $842 Wiseco Pistons Manley H-Beam Rods Combo Mazda BP 1.8L
- ARP head studs and mains. $219 Accessories & Hardware
- Boundary Oil Pump $299 Boundary Engineering Billet Oil Pumps Miata 1.6/1.8
- ATI and tigger wheel $504 ATI Harmonic Balancer + Hardware/Keyway 918522 Miata
- ACL bearings seem to be priced the same everywhere. But it sounds like they are sold out often.
I'll update the component list as I decide on what to buy.
I thought about getting the FM 9:1 Wisco pistons, but nothing has convinced me to spend the extra $331.
I'll post some pictures and give some more history on the car in my next post.