Hope at least some of you got the reference - it's from Rookie of the Year. Everytime I would see a Miata I would think of the scene where Jack stumbles out of his red NA Miata - Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
. All of that changed when I started watching Greg Peter's Car Passion Channel on YouTube. After a few episodes I knew I had to have a Miata.
Anyways, this will be a pretty basic and budget build, hopefully not too slow. It's a great car in stock form, but turbos make everything better. Here is what I'm thinking turbo setup wise:
- Bell exhaust manifold
- GT25xx turbo (still up in the air)
- RX7/8 fuel injectors (still researching new options)
- MS ECU
- Straight through exhaust
- FMIC - still need to see what I want to do here, don't really love ebay setups.
Here's the car in its current form - 1997 Brilliant Black Miata with 80k miles. It's relatively clean, definitely needs some TLC.
Day it was picked up:
She made it home in one piece:
Always loved the Mazda decal on Miata front bumpers, so plotted one out real quick:
The steering wheel was just insanely big, so it was replaced, while a short hub and quick release were added:
Looked like the original rotors/pads, so those were replaced. It's annoying how much rust this car has, will probably end up getting new calipers. Cleaned them up for now
Other smalls things done:
- Removed annoying key buzzer
- Removed what appeared to be an aftermarket cruise control install and appropriately set the tension on the throttle cable
Here's what needs to be done:
- Timing belt, water pump, and related accessories
- GV lip, because why not
- New soft top (not pictured)
- New plugs, oil, coolant (not pictured)
After that, all of the turbo related goodie purchases will commence.
Thanks for reading