ITT we discuss why not to turbo your daily bent rod - Page 26 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Build Threads Building a motor? Post the progress here.

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-29-2016, 10:31 AM   #501
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 1,311
Total Cats: 73
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efini~FC3S View Post
How's the 335i working out?

I assume the serpentine belt fix wasn't too painful?
Nahh it wasn't bad. Hardest part was getting the fan shroud out to get to the belt. Probably took me maybe an hour, hour and a half tops.

Other than that, she's a blast. The Miata felt incredibly slow to drive again. Maybe it's the old E85, maybe it's that I'm used to twice the power now. But the 335 with the JB4 tuner on it is pretttttty darn quick. The difference it makes it makes over stock is incredible. And when you go above 40% throttle the gas gauge turns in to a boost gauge

It even supports boost by gear, which was 100% necessary with these tires. They're basically brand new, but they're like 400tw. So.
Schuyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 10:50 AM   #502
mkturbo.com
iTrader: (24)
 
shuiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 12,689
Total Cats: 842
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schuyler View Post
Nahh it wasn't bad. Hardest part was getting the fan shroud out to get to the belt. Probably took me maybe an hour, hour and a half tops.

Other than that, she's a blast. The Miata felt incredibly slow to drive again. Maybe it's the old E85, maybe it's that I'm used to twice the power now. But the 335 with the JB4 tuner on it is pretttttty darn quick. The difference it makes it makes over stock is incredible. And when you go above 40% throttle the gas gauge turns in to a boost gauge

It even supports boost by gear, which was 100% necessary with these tires. They're basically brand new, but they're like 400tw. So.
I got a nice big BW turbo with a squick spool valve, and a 4" exhaust sitting in my garage. I am sure we could come to an arrangement for it, then the BMW won't fill slow any more.
shuiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 11:19 AM   #503
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 1,311
Total Cats: 73
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuiend View Post
I got a nice big BW turbo with a squick spool valve, and a 4" exhaust sitting in my garage. I am sure we could come to an arrangement for it, then the BMW won't fill slow any more.
Yeah but then I'd have to actually build a motor for the Miata lol.
Schuyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 08:19 PM   #504
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: SF Bay Area, CA
Posts: 872
Total Cats: 100
Default

Do you have any 1/4 mile time slips for the 335 with the j4 tuner?
sonofthehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 05:28 PM   #505
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 1,311
Total Cats: 73
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofthehill View Post
Do you have any 1/4 mile time slips for the 335 with the j4 tuner?
I do not. I don't really intend on taking it to the drag strip, too much chance of breaking things. I could do it on the street with my SADFAB gps though.

Question:

Thoughts on using the fuel pump to drain the tank? Bad idea to run it at 100% Duty for that long? Also, where can you dispose of gas?
Schuyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 05:31 PM   #506
SadFab Sales Lady
iTrader: (5)
 
aidandj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Beaverton, USA
Posts: 15,895
Total Cats: 1,093
Default

No different than running your car for a while. Just less pressure on the pump.

i just run old gas through my truck.
aidandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 05:57 PM   #507
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 1,311
Total Cats: 73
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aidandj View Post
No different than running your car for a while. Just less pressure on the pump.

i just run old gas through my truck.
I'm slightly afraid to run like 9 month old E85 through my car. lol
Schuyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 06:04 PM   #508
Elite Member
iTrader: (15)
 
patsmx5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 8,156
Total Cats: 143
Default

Pump will be fine, no worries there. Pumping fuel with no pressure is easier on pump than normal operation.

If E85, I'd just burn it with some street miles. Or if you got1/2 a tank, add 1/2 a tank of fresh and run it.
patsmx5 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another Cast Manifold Corky Bell Prefabbed Turbo Kits 18 11-22-2016 09:01 PM
Garrett Turbo, 1.8 Oil Pan, & Misc. Stuff nbdooey Miata parts for sale/trade 8 03-21-2016 10:53 PM
Bp/b6 Scat H beam rods Dparks7 Miata parts for sale/trade 1 09-28-2015 09:49 AM
WTB HPDE miata - Texas Voltwings Cars for sale/trade 0 09-27-2015 06:40 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:43 AM.