So it's been a while since I last updater this. My car has been through some very tramatic expariances since then.
Back in the middle of december while comming home from work one night. I took a different way home to get around trafficsince it was raining. I was on Topanga canyon when a boulder fell from the hill and I had no choice but to hit it head on.
This boulder took out the whole front end including the engine and subframe. So off came the JIC's and adaptronic to be sold to repair the car. Thankfully I had an engie in my garage. The car was repaired and the insurance paid out on the car. Now it has a salvaged title. With the car repaired and driveable. A quick phone call to a friend got me in touch with Oscar for a rotrex.
After install of the Rotrex car was putting down 164 HP and 151 TQ. Not bad at 5psi. car drove fine and was a kick in the pants to drive. So off to the track I went. Cal speedway none the less. the week prior I shortened the wires to the fuel box that came with the kit. This was not a normal feuling box so it was not a PNP box that comes with the kit. While going down the front straight I heard dettination this was after 15min of driving.
Pulled off went to download then looked at the car. The engine formed a bad lower end knock. So now thats engine #2. Thankfully my taxes had just come back. So the parts buying began.
I took the old block to the machine shop for the new 84 mill pistons. sent otu the cams and crank to have them inspected and pollished. Every thing turned out ok with the motor that hit the boulder. The build begins, so I thought.
Nope. My boss says I can't work on my engine till we move locations. So a month later after working 21 days with only 1 day off I start. A little here a little there. The engine starts to get put together. Another week of waiting so that I can have the weekend to work on my car at work. I was just going to put new valve seals in the head, but since the motor had 90k on it I decided to get the inspected, valve job and machined just to be safe.
Finally I get the keys to the shop and a weekend free from instructing and or other obligations so I can work on my car. The engine is installed along with the poly suspension bushings. The time comes to start the car. Crossing my fingers (since this was my first engine build) she started no problem. I cant tell you how releived I was when that happened.
When I got home that night I noticed that there was a very small oil leak from the front of my engine. **** me was my first thought. During the week I got some oil dye and put it in to my engine. Found the leak comming from the plug off the side of the new BE oil pump. Alittle teflon tape adn that problem was solved.
So now I am driving the car to put some miles on it to break it in and she is smoking like no ones buisness. I pull the plugs to find cyl 4 is coated in oil. I also notice that she is using a qt of oil every 120 miles or so. Not good. Off to ordering parts again.
This past weekend I pull the head drop the subframe and pull the pan so that I can get to cyl4. upon removal I notice that one of the oil controll rings was damaged upon install. **** me. Thankfully I had ordered a new set of rings. I honed the cyl out, installed new rings and put the engine back together. To find out that I had somehow damaged the oil line that goes to the head from the block.
Thats it for now. Comming soon will be an AEM EMS4, 550 injectors, TSE 12 tooth timming wheel, an intercooler, and a bigger restrictor for the Rotrex. This will all be dyno tuned at wotk. I am planning on max 250hp. I don't need any more.
Have a great day,