So I'm a bit bored waiting for my parts to be started/finished and waiting for other parts to come in the mail and decided to document things.
The day I got it
Long story short, this all started because Boundary was having the Adaptronic group buy last year and it all ballooned from there. I found a turbo kit for sale made by Stein. Bought it, installed it, tracked it, abused it, broke it, fixed it, broke it again, rinse and repeat.
There was a Halloween track day in 2010 that I went to and there ended up being only about 5 participants, 3 of them race teams. The track day was from 9-5 for $120. The track teams were so busy doing their data collecting, etc (etc stuff that I don't know about) that I got to spend so much time on the track. I was doing sessions for as long as I could tolerate the tranny tunnel heat or the exhaust fumes wafting into the cabin. The prolonged sessions took their toll on my car and I fried my brakes, broke 3 bolts holding the turbo on, broke an exhaust hanger and it was only 1pm. I couldn't handle the brake shudder anymore, so I decided to call it a good day. I came on this gay old site looking for the end all solution to breaking the bolts. I couldn't justify spending $150 on the inconel bolt setup, so I decided to blow the bottom out of my budget.
I didn't know what to expect
I had smoke problems from the start
I went to Philadelphia to pick up wheels for the track
Things worked well...while they lasted. I never dynoed it, but no 'normal' street car was really able to keep up
Track broke my stuff so it's time to do it right
2871 0.86ar turbine housing
Complete exhaust being made by Abe@ARTech
1.25" runners. 3" dp/exhaust
I've also got a Maruha/Wilwood brake kit on the way. I siezed my front right caliper at the final track day and 'warped' my rotor, and this setup was cheaper for me than replacing it with OEM stuff. Should have pics soon
I'm also removing the AC system due to space constraints. I'm reading more to find out how to move my PS equipment to a better spot.
I was supposed to pull my engine and drop in a set of rods. I was not mentally prepared to do this yet, so I'll wait until next winter. The rods are sitting my my self for now.
The motivation started slowing down due to the cold weather coming, so I bought a welder to do a few basic things.
At another track event this guy that brought his brand new 911 towed by his new Cayenne. It spat coolant all over the track and pit while he was standing around kicking the tires. For ***** and giggles I told him to take it to Canadian Tire to get fixed (your Pepboys equivalent) and I think he took the advice
That's it for now. Still waiting for Abe to finish my stuff so I can get to the real meat of the build.