After 1st track day I noticed that the car was quite fast (for a N/A Miata) but very slow on the corners due to continuos oversteer (but very funny to drive).
This was caused (in my opinion) by shitty dampers (D2) with wrong heights and alignment (and also too wide rims).
My Miata is a budget track car so I started with cheap modifications
Went to racing specialist (Mondiale Racing) fo height and wheel alignments
with this alignment values as results
Camber FR = - 2,6°
Camber FL = - 2,7°
Camber RR= - 2,3°
Camber RF= - 2,3°
Front and rear toe = 0° 0'
Corner weighted with rear slightly lower than front
995kg with 3/4 fuel tank
Tested following day on track, car was so much faster on corners with lot of grip
I'm not a fan of high power cars, so I'm trying to focus on improoving handling, safety and weight (even if I still have basset wheels).
4.78 final gear ration has been installed (instead 4.1)
After some trackdays (car is not a road car) I noticed how miata brake pads (EBC pads) are fast consuming and costly!
In order to reduce costs and possibility to use better pads I installed wilwood powerlite calipers on my 255 grooved discs with Ferodo DSUNO pads
This is a cost comparison (prices are reffered to Italy)
EBC Greenstuff 74/77€
EBC Yellowstuff 104/101€
Ferodo DS2500 84/160€
Ferodo DS UNO 99€/Not available
Brake is still well balanced between front and rear
Brake power slightly higher (not considering better pads)
Good pedal feeling
However Powerlite calipers are not compatible with Basset wheels so actually I'm using borrowed ATS DTC 15X8 et 30 with 30mm spacer (double lugs)
Yokohama tyres where too thin for 8" rims so I ordered 225/45/15 Dmack trackday tyres.
I did not order R888 tyres because they were too expensive. In addition they're out of production from 2015, so still available tires are with old DOT.
2 English VTR seats were installed on the car, together with "fake" 4 point harness (I can't even find pictures of it)
Too much unsafe!
Swapped the 2 VTR seats for a FIA Cobra seat and 6 points harness installed
shoulder harness rolled and fixed to roll bar harness bar
waist harness attached to original holes with FIA bolts
5/6th point attache to floor with FIA plate and counter plate
However harness bar is too low, so I'm currently searching an OEM harness bar