Okay, here is the picture story of my car. I don't always take a lot of pictures, so there is a lot of stuff that is undocumented.
This is shortly after I got it, tinted the windows and rocked around. Looking back, I can't believe how stupid it looked.
I then picked up a bolt in cage, which I never liked the idea of. So I welded it in, making bushings to go in the tubes of the cage. Then plug welded and butt welded. Also got some chrome freebie wheels and tires. So here is a shot of it then.
I always wanted to turbo it, in fact that was the entire purpose of buying a Miata was to turbo it. I also wanted to build something that would be safe to track. So the old "cage" (which I never really felt safe in for some reason) came out. I built the boxes where the cage lands on the rocker panels. I took it to a good friend of my Dad's to have the cage built. I was told 3 weeks. After 3 months the cage hadn't been started. So I told him I am coming up to pick up the car. I was told if it wasnt done by Friday he would do it for free. Well Friday came and went and it wasn't done. So I got the cage done for free, I still paid for the material. I had pictures of thesnowboarders roll cage and wanted it to look like his. These are the pictures during that stage. While that was being done, I had ordered up ARTech goodies.
I also did a wire tuck, moved the fuse box and relays.
I got the car back, picked up a hardtop and decided I no longer wanted a red Miata, and I cant stand when someone opens their hood or doors and the **** is a different color.
And now the fun part of the story begins. I was working on the car, getting it ready to go when all of a sudden it stopped running. I had spark, the fuel pump was working etc etc. I couldnt figure it out, I thought it was my trimmed down and tucked wire harness. So I replaced the chassis harness, dash harness and engine bay harness, tried different AFM, stock ECU, igniter. I tried everything. I gave up, started my part out thread. Then I decided to get to work on the body work. Got it primed and straight, one day going to work I thought, "the ******* thing is out of gas" so I go get 5 gallons of gas, pour it in, turn on the key and let it prime...fired right up. I was happy, but pissed at the same time. I burned so much money chasing something so ******* stupid. So I bought a DIYPNP and all the other crap I had sold and starting at it again. Progress was swift this time.
New wheels (the mirrors arent staying that color)
Tein Flexs (thanks 18psi)
catch can I made for my buddies WRX ( I know, its a big box but thats what he wanted, bolts up to factory holes)
So on to the new motor build. I was running about 8psi when it broke a ringland on my shitty tune. So the new build goes as follows;
-Wiseco turbo pistons
-ACL bearings throughout
-Supertech SS valves to go into my ported head
-Boundary Engineering oil pump
-ID1000s, Walbro 255
-Havent decided on the clutch yet, possibly having the crank lightened, and custom regrind cams.
Machine work done locally, assembly by me. So the car sits motor and tranny less up on jack stands. Front and rear subframes are coming out to get new bushings and fresh paint. The entire underchassis is getting scrubbed and painted as well as all of the inner fender wells. I want this **** to look clean.
Comments, critiques, suggestions are all welcome, thanks for reading my small novel.