recent work done on the car
My at home engine rebuild was a bust. a lot of confusion and i think that the crankshaft was bad or my tolerances were not correct. Basically, once the engine was up to temp, if you turned it off it would not turn over again until the engine cooled down, almost as if it were seized up.
so the car was wasting away in storage after i moved up to Milwaukee and i wanted to get it running reliably or get rid of it. Found a guy doing a v8 swap and bought the engine out of his car. went and checked it out, tested compression, and drove the car, it all checked out so he pulled it the next day and i picked it up.
Dropped the engine in a few weeks later, was pretty straight forward, started up first try, and has been running without issue since then.
- Picked up a magnaflow high flow cat so i could pass emissions.
- Ordered an Ebay soft top/rail rail. the window ended up tearing about a 1" slit within the first month, the company set me another soft top and let me keep the defective one. I taped over the hole and put the new soft top in the basement for later so i think i lucked out there.
- Found an OEM rear r lip to go with my front one and installed them.
- Made some simple door cards
- The weekend of the indycar race at the Milwaukee Mile i had a friend come up and on saturday morning before heading to the track my car was hit twice and both times the person left without leaving any information.
Was able to bend the fender back out to an acceptable shape but still upset about the whole ordeal. but i did get to place cornhole with Stefano Coletti and some of the Andretti crew members that evening.
- Installed some bilsteins from an MSM
NB Tophats Front
2" Garage star extended top hats rear
6" 350lb Front
7" 275lb Rear
50lb Front helpers
- Garage star Delrin door bushings
- Just picked up some brand new Flyin Miata frame rails that i have yet to install.