04-16-2015, 02:33 PM
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Anaheim, CA, USA
Total Cats: 0
1991 Miata 1.6 Turbo Megasquirt - Orange County, CA
- 1.6L (long nose crank)
- Megasquirt V3 (fully stand alone) controlling a 16g turbo with custom manifold and downpipe. It is currently set and tuned to 8psi but can be adjusted accordingly. It has been running really well on CA pump 91 gas.
- DSM uncrushed BOV (VTA)
- 2.5” exhaust full catback with high flow cat
- Innovative LC-1 Wideband
- Volvo Intercooler (stealth black)
- Turbo Blanket Heat Shield
- Full COPS controlled by Megasquirt
- Electronic Boost Control
- Fan Mod fully controllable through MS
SUSPENSION & BRAKES
- 5 speed manual transmission
- Stock 1991 diff (Mazda USA tells me it came with a standard diff. I haven't tested to see if anyone has swapped it)
- Stock daisy wheels painted bronze with a polished lip
- KYB AGX adjustable shocks (8 way)
- Racing Beat Springs
- Strut Tower Brace
- Flyin Miata full butterfly brace and frame rails
- Flyin Miata front and rear sway bars (adjustable)
- Racing Beat front lower sway bar mount stiffener kit with tie bar
- Misc Custom Bracing
- Non-ABS car
- 1.8 Brakes on front with slotted rotors
- Depowered Steering Rack
- JVC MP3 CD player with ipod interface cleverly hidden in the center console. This is the interface that allows for complete control of the ipod through the headunit.
- AFR gauge and Boost Gauge in center vents
- Moss Motors cup holders
- LCD gauge display to output the AFRs (not currently hooked up)
- Cruise Control
- Power Windows
- Power Door Locks
- Headrest Speakers
- Minor dent on passenger side rear quarter panel
- Clear coat flaking off on passenger fender
- Soft top has some small holes
I bought this off mt.net (previous for sale ad) and never had time to enjoy it. My plan was to have it dyno tuned, put a roll bar in, and make it my auto-cross and track day toy, but never found the time, so it just sat since I already had a daily driver. After sitting for a long time, I changed all the fluids about 6 months ago (gas, oil, trans fluid, diff fluid, coolant), added fuel stabilizer with fresh gas, and changed the thermostat and plugs.STATUS
I haven't made any changes except for the maintenance items described above and disconnecting of the kill switch that seemed to be draining the battery.
- Clean title in-hand.
- Currently registered non-operational. DMV registration is about $80. Smog required for registration and to be handled by new owner.
- Mileage is 235k. Not sure if engine is original or not.
- Battery is dead
- VIN JM1NA3512M1211321
I'll get updated photos as soon as I get a chance, unless someone jumps on it and takes it off my hands first.
Inspection is available weekday evenings (inside lighted garage) and most times on the weekend in Anaheim.
Please let me know if you have any questions or want to schedule a time to come check it out.
Last edited by Evan; 04-16-2015 at 04:05 PM.