I've posted this in the build threads, but I figured I'd post this part here. Thank everyone for your help.
I had the last week off from work, so I've been working on the turbo install (just like I planned...mostly). I'm happy to say that it started up and idled perfectly the first time. I've not been able to take it out on the road yet, as the front bumper is still disassembled and I still need to fab some sort of heat shield. Here are some pics of the progress I've made so far.
This was right after I disassembled everything. It looks like you have loads of room, but it gets tight quick.
This is where I hung the IC. I'm proud at how well it's in there. A gorilla could hang off of it.
I used the BEGI and FM install manuals as a guide and drilled the pan right where they said to. It helped that I was using a BEGI upgraded drain kit.
The IC piping was probably the most time consuming part of this whole project. Measure, measure, test fit, test fit, test fit, cut...over and over. This is the intake coming off the throttle body.
This is off the turbo:
Hot side routing:
Cold side routing:
Here the manifold is torqued down but the turbo is only temporarily in to run the oil and water lines.
turbo in place with the down pipe. Boy, that's tight!
Oil drain about to be tightened.
At the same time, I installed an LC-1 WB O2. Here is where I had the cables coming into the passenger compartment.
I also installed Older Guy's Autotune. Here it is just above the ECU.
Here is the final IC installation. That thing doesn't move at all.
This is the cold side pipe going into the throttle body. I had to add a bung for the BOV as well as one to connect to the IAC valve.
This is the elbow the goes into the turbo compressor. I drilled a couple of holes for the BOV recirc and the valve cover vent.
This is everything torqued down and installed.
Now I just need to learn how to tune it!
Wish me luck!