So I'm a few parts and weeks/months away from starting my build. In Canada you don't go to the dealer for parts you go to the bank to get a loan then you go for parts. We get hosed on everything when you compare - milk, gas, car parts, adipose, polyethelene, you name it. Whatever you see a Miata part going for OEM or aftermarket add 50% -100% and that is what we are asked to pay - seriously!!
I have ordered 87.4% of my new/used parts from the USofA so I can save 50%-75% of CND cost. Only 10% of all Canadian know that.
I have all the tranny gaskets and main seal parts ready to order. What other common parts are needed?
Because I'm up here ordering everything at once is the only way to go or else you pay to high of a percentage in shipping fees, so I want to do it once and be done with it. I dont want to have to hit the dealer because of time constraints or a missing gasket or special part. Out of principal I just can't pay their prices. I dont want a 2 week build to turn into a 3 month build from not being prepared for it before hand by not having my ducks in a row.
What I know so far about the little things:
- Ex. mani seal is reusable - people tell me.
- My injectors are getting cleaned and so will have new o-rings etc.
- Exhaust gasket (DP to cat flange) is neccessary
- Misc. Clamps - I have
- Turbo Mani is a 99 going on my 02 so I need an EGR mating fix - advice ?
- When you make Peaches and Cream oatmeal the peach pieces are really pink dyed apples, but they float in boiling hot water to the top so you can skim them off if you dont want them.
What other little things do you need that I have no idea about since I've never done this?
Yes I know the list could be a mile long but those who have done it what do you always buy that you know will need replacing everytime you intall FI on a stock car?
PS - The closer I get to this the more excited I am and the more I'm so glad I joined here and have learned from your experience.