After 2 days of seriously hard graft and lots of unwanted problems with missing parts and lack of information i have finally got round to get the pictures up of the build.
After putting it all togeather with a full service, i turned to key and it started first time with no hesertaion to my surprise, although unfortunatly the exaust is blow quite badly where the turbo downpipe connets to the lower downpipe.
Which i was told by begi self seals. so the next thing is to try and get a clap round it somehow and hope it works if not its a hell of a job removing it again.
Anyway here we go....
I began the build on wednesday firstly putting the car up on Four jack stands with the aid of Daveyf's jack (thanks Dave :wink: ) then removed all the exsitign parts from the engine bay ready for the turbo install; downpipes, airfilter asembly, inlet piping, etc.
After spending an hour looking over the instructions and under the car for the correct place to drill the sump i then realised that with the aircon system and power steering i couldnt drill where was asked so without mucking around i decided the best thing to do was to call begi in texas.
After explainign the situation they then said i could drill in a different location towards the front of the sump. I marked the point of penertration and got out my small drill!
Because of the different sizes in threads from american and english i had to buy several different hose barbes in order to get the best fit.
This then allowed me to use british pipe thread instead of the american nation pipe thread.
After finished the sump and draining the oil while running several pints of oil throught the new hole to clean out any smal lmetal shreads fro mthe drilling i head wrapped the water hosed on the firewall where the turbo would eventually be sitting in front off (it goets hot dow there ya know :twisted: )
After this i began prepearing the turbo attaching all the relivant attachments and hosebarbs when i finaly came to fit the signal line for the wastgate only to find the hole which was sposed to be drilled and threaded was not there.
After speaking to begi again and them appoligising once more i had to call it a day, and go and get the appropriate drill bits and taps the following morning.
IT started off slow but it came togeather slowly but surely. i started to realise just how difficult this job is when you take in to concideration how awkward all the fittings and nuts are for all the turbo attachments.
Because of the set back the following day i decided to take the opertunity to paint my cam cover.
After fitting it all back on the car it started to look alive. All the turbo water and oil lines went on even though they were extremly fidderly to route and fit, and the fuel pressure reguator wasnt quite as dauntign as i thought to fit. Although there inst much space to fit it agains the firewall.
After a hectic day i managed to finish the installation and refill the car up with all its fluids.
I decided it was probably best to fire it up as to prepear for the next days final jobs, and to my amazment it fired straight up, but unfortunatly sounded like a spitfire on heroin with the horribly load blowing turbo downpipe, so didnt realy get a chance to here the turo spool up as yet, but tomorrow is another day.
fingers crossed i managed to get it all sorted and ready for the test drive, just hope i dont have to adjust the timming as i havnt a clue how to do it.
watch this space 8)