I'm posting here because I'm stuck with a problem that I can't find the real culprit. Before making any more moves ($$$) I need opinions from experts.
So last year the engine was smoking oil on decel and oil cosumption was kind of a big deal. So I decided to rebuild my 1.6 following advices from good friends and the interwebs.
So I ended up with new ACL bearings, de-glazed cylinder, OEM rings and Supertech valve seals. Valvetrain rebuild was done at reputable shop near my place. As for the bottom end, I was done by myself. Everything was in specs... A regular engine rebuild with brand new gaskets.
So here's the problem :
- Engine is burning oil on idle 3-4minutes after startup.
- Engine is burning oil when idling.
- Engine is burning when starting from a full stop.
Here's some facts :
- Break-in was done using FM insctructions. Dino oil + high vaccum + RPM variation + etc.
- I get 210psi compression on each cylinders.
- I tested 10W-30 and 20W-50. Looks like it got a bit worst with the 20-50. All dino oil for now.
- It's not the turbo. I removed the CHRA and installed a plug with same result (see image : http://i.imgur.com/kkCW5Mk.jpg
- No more PCV valve. Everything is connected to a catch can. Catch can is pretty much empty.
- I reinstalled PCV valve. Same result.
- Car is not burning oil in decel and while boosting.
- If I bring the car up to 6000rpm, let it coast and hit the gaz pedal again... nothing.
- Looks like it's smoking a bit more after staying a long time at a red light.
Some people blame the rings, other the valve seals. I'm lost right now.
Here's a video of the car running. Note the car burning oil on redlight and stops sign. No smoke while boosting or in decel.
Thanks for your help MT.net!
CAT TAX (My cat Rocky)