02-09-2012, 07:39 PM
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Total Cats: 235
Despite utter lack of information, here we go..
Do you usually drive in stop and go traffic?
Is the car used primarily for short trips?
Do you just change the plugs and the air filter when it's time for a tune up?
How often do you change the oil?
Aside from the one of the obvious culprits, which is a post TB vacuum leak, you may want to check the TB itself for gunk.
Next, IAC pintle may be clogged.
Also, gasoline contaminated oil will mess with idle, as well.
There is also a chance of the CTS - or its connection - going south. Checking AFR whn the idle stays high will give you an idea.
* check for a vacuum leak,
* check the PCV and its plumbing,
* clean the TB and the IAC pintle,
* make sure your oil is not contaminated,
* check the CTS and wiggle the connector,
* check engine grounds around the TB, if you had any sort of work done on the engine lately,
* Oh, and check the throttle cable to make sure it's not sticking.
I just hate blasting a shotgun at a problem instead of pointing a laser to the specific cause, but, like I said, there is just no info to work with.