04-26-2013, 07:11 AM
Join Date: Nov 2012
Total Cats: 0
Most likely clutch bearing (throwout I think?). Mine had that come up a few weeks after buying it.
This is a rough list of what you'll want to replace.
- Clutch (depends on mileage...but you're on MT.net...)
- Flywheel (resurface at least)
- Pilot bearing
- Throwout bearing
- Rear main seal
- Transmission front/rear seals
- New fluids
Disclaimer: I've only ever done one clutch job, and I took the 'remove eng/trans from car' route. With an engine crane, really not a big deal...took me 4 days (one day for understanding my manuals had the incorrect firing order), but I also did a lot of other repairs.
I would recommend doing a LOT of searching if you're new to this sort of thing. PROTIP: load up google, use one of the following search terms:
- site:miataturbo.net clutch noise rattle
- site:miata.net clutch noise rattle