I ordered in late March. I was told "should be done in 3 weeks, but definitely by 6 weeks" so I expected 3 months... I fired off a polite email today asking for a progress report, and if I don't get the last of my parts in the next couple of weeks I will start making a stink. My car is in drivable condition and I am refining the naturally aspirated portion of the VE map in my MS labs MS3... I would be upset if my car had been on jack stands this whole time, but I knew from this forum not to order if I needed it right away and that delivery date promises needed a multiplication factor of at least 2X.
Originally Posted by mlev
If he is 100% sure that the turbo would be ready to rock, but I'm still not comfy with the idea, then he will keep it and use it for another project. (he asked which turbo I had and when I told him 2554 he said "oh shoot, I guess it's just too small for me to really use then..." heheh)
Thank God yours is a 2554... that means I won't be the "project" it is used for!
I've worked with quite a few people that I've liked well enough but wouldn't want to work with. It's nothing personal (until they make it personal by continuously disrespecting you). They are fine to talk to and their product can be good but sometimes they have other things going on and neglect to pay attention to detail.
Anyway I could go into a rant about professionalism and work standards but it's obvious this is the culture of begi. If you want to fix the gt2554 and not waste a "good" turbo then give the dude a new one the second you've conceded it's your fault. Send it off to do whatever it is you want to make it better and sell it as a repaired turbo and recoup your ****. This decision could be made in about 5 seconds, save you from having a **** thread, and then be known for having great customer service and a pleasure to work with.
This thread alone will cost you more than that stupid turbo. It's such a shame too. I think any of us that have had begi issues generally like begi but whenever your shoes come untied, instead of tying them back up you just trip all over them, and fall on your face too many times before you decide you should tie your damn shoes.
Last edited by krissetsfire; 06-05-2014 at 12:42 PM.
Hi Stephanie, sorry about the mass of emails and everything going on.
I spoke with Corky at length yesterday after work, and we talked about the possibility of repair. He said that he would spend some time with the turbo and then send me measurements and if I still wasn't comfortable with it, he would keep the CHRA for another project and send me a new one.
After sleeping on it, I really don't think I'll be comfortable no matter what the measurements and everything come out to. I won't even know what they all mean when he sends them, and while I appreciate that he's willing to do the work himself and I'm sure he would do a good job, it will always be on the back of my mind.
We're planning to road trip out to Laguna Seca for the Miatas and Mazda Raceway in September, and I will be worrying the entire time about what would happen if the turbo gave out.
Please let me know how much shipping will be for a new CHRA, and add two new water neck gaskets to the order as well--I need to swap out my tstat again.
Honestly I'm thinking about just RTVing everything. I have ultra copper stuff, which I imagine would hold up to coolant just fine, although I'd research first, and it does wonders everywhere else I use it.