08-11-2016, 01:20 PM
Join Date: Aug 2015
Total Cats: 1
Ignition Switch Issue
I think my switch is bad but am not sure since the topic of main relay and/or other wiring being bad has also been brought up. The car itself is a '96 with an S2000 starter wired in.
Here are my symptoms:
- Key off, no power to anything
- Key acc on, power to blower and seemingly starter (I have not checked if windows or wipers get power at this time)
- I can actually hit the S2000 button and the starter will turn over but no start since pump isn't getting power
- Key start on, power to everything, pump primes, car starts
What I have done:
- Cleaned out the ignition switch and then broke a tab putting it back together. Did not change the symptoms other than me fretting about a broken tab and it's effect.
- Although the switch worked, I said screw it and threw in a spare that was in perfect condition.
What should I be primarily checking? Trace every wire out of that white connector? Looks like the white wire is hot and then creates a hot condition on the blue wire going off into the fuse box, even without the key in start position - indicative of a bad white connector? Or is that the result of the switch itself?
Thanks much for any assistance provided.