So remember how I managed to crack that old FM/BEGi mani? Then, I managed to crack a new(er) FM manifold? Well, Eric (RotorNut on here) came over and helped me replace the manifold. We were going to do a coolant re-route but decided to wait. So, back to the manifold. I noticed that the new one FM sent has a few "upgrades" like some added beef to the bottom of the runners and the material around the manifold-to-head nuts has much more clearance.
So here is the old manifold we pulled out.....
Doesn't look that bad....even repairable.
O SNAP !!
Yeah, as you can see, it was actually broken all the way through!!! Well, there was an area about 1/4" long that was a fresh break....but obviously it had been leaking pretty much the whole way around! We didn't break it either, the broken piece fell off under it's own weight.
I was not kidding when I told you guys, over dinner, that you should send me stuff for R&D/Warranty testing. I can manage to find a way to make things that are not supposed to break...break. Seriously, this deserves some kind of trophy
LoL. I would like to thank FM for getting me the new replacement. The new hardware was all correct and accounted for. Also, the new/revised manifold is MUCH easier to get tightened down! Once everything was in, we went for a test drive and there were no problems to be found. I is happy nows