How (and why) to Ramble On your domestic shorthair - Page 275 - Miata Turbo Forum -Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-25-2010, 02:09 AM   #5481
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pusha View Post
Are you a smoker?
Nope.

I don't know what I did to my body to **** it off so much, other than eat a bit unhealthy, but nothing too over the top.
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 07:45 AM   #5482
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 39
Default

Snow picking up a little here. It was supposed to be gone by now, but somehow it continues to fall and we have had 1.5'' in the last hour or so. Quite a lot for these parts. We got maybe an inch yesterday for Christmas.



PS. This 18-55 VR lens is amazing. Coming from the kit non VR 18-55, it's a whole new world. That shot is a 2 second exposure on a monopod and it's damn near perfectly sharp with no shake. One of my gifts to myself this Christmas.
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 09:18 PM   #5483
A living god
iTrader: (23)
 
viperormiata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Key West
Posts: 5,934
Total Cats: 222
Default Interesting

viperormiata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 09:55 PM   #5484
Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
TurboTim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chesterfield, NJ
Posts: 6,177
Total Cats: 198
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
I believe a holy ******* shitballs is in order here

*dreams of billet CNC BP motor and proper flowing head*
I hear that!

I wonder what they are using for finger followers on that 4G63

And a 9000cc injector?!
TurboTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 10:47 PM   #5485
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 39
Default

Dear god, Tom Cruise almost killed me just now. I almost laughed/coughed myself to death over this goddamn gif.



I guess it just caught me at the right moment or off guard.
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 04:01 AM   #5486
Elite Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Pen2_the_penguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 3,688
Total Cats: 93
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperormiata View Post
to bad its been tainted with little clips from movies. But, almost all there.
Pen2_the_penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 09:43 AM   #5487
Moderator
iTrader: (9)
 
sixshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 13,401
Total Cats: 1,016
Default

It's been a good Christmas so far...

sixshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:14 AM   #5488
Elite Member
iTrader: (10)
 
leatherface24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pembroke Pines
Posts: 4,031
Total Cats: 1
Default

Thats awesome^^

Now for the funniest thing you will see all day

leatherface24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:28 AM   #5489
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 28,968
Total Cats: 327
Default

After a Sony Bravia lasted 18-months, my Samsung DLP lasted only 2-years, I just bought a 55" Walmart house brand LCD for $780 w/ 3-year extended warranty included in the price. I feel like I just bought a Yugo but after looking at the TV it didn't look $500-worse than the expensive Tv's...actually it looked just as good as the TV's which were properly adjusted at the store. I got that, a new Xbox w/250GBHDD/integrated wifi, Forza, and another controller for $1250 shipped to my door. Yes, I plan to use the warranty but I don't expect it to die before the $$$ TV's died. Moving the computer monitor into the livingroom was getting old and when it's 27*f out and can't help but play Forza.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:07 AM   #5490
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler View Post
After a Sony Bravia lasted 18-months, my Samsung DLP lasted only 2-years, I just bought a 55" Walmart house brand LCD for $780 w/ 3-year extended warranty included in the price. I feel like I just bought a Yugo but after looking at the TV it didn't look $500-worse than the expensive Tv's...actually it looked just as good as the TV's which were properly adjusted at the store. I got that, a new Xbox w/250GBHDD/integrated wifi, Forza, and another controller for $1250 shipped to my door. Yes, I plan to use the warranty but I don't expect it to die before the $$$ TV's died. Moving the computer monitor into the livingroom was getting old and when it's 27*f out and can't help but play Forza.
So I'm not the only poor bastard with Samsung DLP issues. I'm still waiting to be able to afford to fix mine, which will be $150 for the main board. I haven't had a TV for over a month. I haven't missed it in some ways, but in other ways I'm going crazy not having it.
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:20 AM   #5491
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 28,968
Total Cats: 327
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA6C-Guy View Post
So I'm not the only poor bastard with Samsung DLP issues. I'm still waiting to be able to afford to fix mine, which will be $150 for the main board. I haven't had a TV for over a month. I haven't missed it in some ways, but in other ways I'm going crazy not having it.
Did you DLP chip die to? Stars all over the screen?

I have a 5075S that I'll send you salvage parts from if need be. I was going to fix mine with the $240 chip but the capacitors were swollen on the power supply, the color wheel clicks, and the bulb is probably due for a change. It made sense to get something new.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:03 PM   #5492
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler View Post
Did you DLP chip die to? Stars all over the screen?

I have a 5075S that I'll send you salvage parts from if need be. I was going to fix mine with the $240 chip but the capacitors were swollen on the power supply, the color wheel clicks, and the bulb is probably due for a change. It made sense to get something new.
Mine was having a common problem for my model (Series 6 56'') of the TV restarting over and over again on a ~15 second loop. Would power on, you would see the picture and hear sound just like normal, but you could see slight fluctuations in brightness. Then after 15 seconds or so it would go black, then power down and restart. After buying the service manual from Samsung it pointed me to the main board being the problem. I guess it's sending the power supply a bad signal and causing it to trip some sort of safety device for either electrical load or heat. Either way, $200 with a $50 core charge and it should be going again, but many people have repeat issues and it will mess up again in several months, or it could go forever and be fine.
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 01:56 PM   #5493
A living god
iTrader: (23)
 
viperormiata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Key West
Posts: 5,934
Total Cats: 222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen2_the_penguin View Post
to bad its been tainted with little clips from movies. But, almost all there.
Yeah, I caught that too. Still though, a good majority of the clips are from home videos and news broadcasts. I think it's a decent representation of how fucked up the Taliban are.
viperormiata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 05:41 PM   #5494
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 39
Default

I make some terrible decisions when it comes to my health. Putting off the follow up visit to the urologist for the kidney stone has very likely caused me to lose one of my kidneys function. I figured it had passed beyond the ureter into the bladder, but it apparently has been lodged in the ureter (the tube leading from the kidneys to the bladder) for the last ~2 months, blocking flow from that kidney. So it has probably just shut down by now. Heres hoping neither of my parents need a kidney, or I don't lose the other.
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 06:24 PM   #5495
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 28,968
Total Cats: 327
Default

Oh that sucks...
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 06:27 PM   #5496
Elite Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Pen2_the_penguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 3,688
Total Cats: 93
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA6C-Guy View Post
I make some terrible decisions when it comes to my health. Putting off the follow up visit to the urologist for the kidney stone has very likely caused me to lose one of my kidneys function. I figured it had passed beyond the ureter into the bladder, but it apparently has been lodged in the ureter (the tube leading from the kidneys to the bladder) for the last ~2 months, blocking flow from that kidney. So it has probably just shut down by now. Heres hoping neither of my parents need a kidney, or I don't lose the other.

That sucks man, hope the best for you.

I still need to get a bullet primer removed from my eye brow... long story.
Pen2_the_penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 06:33 PM   #5497
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen2_the_penguin View Post
That sucks man, hope the best for you.

I still need to get a bullet primer removed from my eye brow... long story.
I bet it's an interesting story.

Appreciate it.

Not sure whether I should be all upset about it, because I'm not really. I'm just pissed at myself for allowing it to happen. You can make it fine with one kidney typically with no issues, but you lose the comfortable redundancy, and if a family member ever needs it, it's not there. I guess I'll just have to be even more careful now and not get kicked in the side too hard or pound down two 48oz bottles of sweet tea a day anymore.
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:15 AM   #5498
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 28,968
Total Cats: 327
Default

so much cool in here:

I would like that valve cover, the turbo crane, and I'll let you know what else later.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:03 AM   #5499
Elite Member
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Portland, Oregon.
Posts: 6,841
Total Cats: 63
Default

Do it.

Doppelgänger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 12:32 PM   #5500
Elite Member
iTrader: (30)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Va Beach
Posts: 7,273
Total Cats: 0
Default

Sleeping to 11:30 ftw. I love being on vacation.
__________________
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
levnubhin is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Uconn Car Show 240_to_miata Local Meets, Events and Tech Days 1 01-23-2016 10:17 PM
Uconn Car Show Sat, April 9th 240_to_miata Local Meets, Events and Tech Days 7 04-11-2011 11:00 AM
Uconn Car Club Spring 2010 Show 240_to_miata Local Meets, Events and Tech Days 92 04-12-2010 06:20 PM
anual uconn car show/meet 240_to_miata Local Meets, Events and Tech Days 0 02-19-2008 10:03 PM


Tags
brain <3 me, brainy <3s hollywood, cancerous testicles, cuban caveman, furry barnacle, get fragged faeflora, joe p for prez, lyrical joe perez, not hit block, peter falk

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:52 AM.