How (and why) to Ramble On your domestic shorthair - Page 386 - Miata Turbo Forum -Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-25-2011, 06:03 PM   #7701
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 39
Default

**** PayPal with a spiked railroad cross tie. I love that when you are refunded an amount that has been cleared by both parties, PayPal holds onto it for a ******* week. God I wish there was competition that was less gay. They are holding $600 that I would like to have to put back into my bank account. So now once it actually shows back up in my PayPal account, I'll have to wait an additional 2-3 days for it to transfer to my bank.
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 06:59 PM   #7702
Moderator
iTrader: (9)
 
sixshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 13,392
Total Cats: 1,015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA6C-Guy View Post
**** PayPal with a spiked railroad cross tie. I love that when you are refunded an amount that has been cleared by both parties, PayPal holds onto it for a ******* week. God I wish there was competition that was less gay. They are holding $600 that I would like to have to put back into my bank account. So now once it actually shows back up in my PayPal account, I'll have to wait an additional 2-3 days for it to transfer to my bank.
17 Paypal alternatives

sixshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:08 PM   #7703
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,165
Total Cats: 18
Default

Has anyone shipped a hard top? Do you put it in a big box or what?
thanks
gearhead_318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:36 PM   #7704
Boost Pope
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Perez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 24,659
Total Cats: 1,565
Default

So, I just got home and found a check in my mailbox for $1,596 from the Dept of the Treasury.

This annoys me considerably.
Joe Perez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:35 PM   #7705
Newb
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 15
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Perez View Post
So, I just got home and found a check in my mailbox for $1,596 from the Dept of the Treasury.

This annoys me considerably.
annoys you why!? that's more than i got lol
rapinatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:59 PM   #7706
Boost Pope
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Perez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 24,659
Total Cats: 1,565
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapinatore View Post
annoys you why!? that's more than i got lol
Because it means I made a mistake.

I should have rounded out TY10 with a slight underpayment penalty, not a refund. This means that I made an error somewhere on my return, with the result that I overpaid, and it was only by the grace and honesty of the IRS that I got the money back. The check came with preprinted copy of Notice 54, which is one I've not seen before.
Joe Perez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:04 PM   #7707
Elite Member
iTrader: (24)
 
kotomile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Monterey, CA
Posts: 7,578
Total Cats: 40
Default

Jalopnik picked up the Miata-under-semi pic:

http://jalopnik.com/#!5795359/pedobe...en-worse-place
kotomile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:14 PM   #7708
Newb
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 15
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Perez View Post
Because it means I made a mistake.

I should have rounded out TY10 with a slight underpayment penalty, not a refund. This means that I made an error somewhere on my return, with the result that I overpaid, and it was only by the grace and honesty of the IRS that I got the money back. The check came with preprinted copy of Notice 54, which is one I've not seen before.
not good i'm very grateful i've haven't had irs issues yet but every year i stress about it
rapinatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:21 PM   #7709
Elite Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Pen2_the_penguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 3,688
Total Cats: 93
Default

What is the easiest way to safely disable the airbag while driving without removing them?
Pen2_the_penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:30 PM   #7710
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen2_the_penguin View Post
What is the easiest way to safely disable the airbag while driving without removing them?
...Unplug them?
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:30 PM   #7711
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshooter View Post
Well... well established methods of payment that places accept.
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:36 PM   #7712
Newb
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 15
Total Cats: 0
Default

^that is the problem paypal is accepted many places and growing but they screwed me out of 6 grand back in the day, talk about a bad day
rapinatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:41 PM   #7713
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 39
Default

I've had more issues with them than I can count, but for Ebay, it's the only way to go, and it's convenient for a lot of other places. It's just so iffy as to how it will go. Always some kind of bullshit waiting period, temporary holds, fees out the ***, long wait times for transfers.
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:43 PM   #7714
Newb
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 15
Total Cats: 0
Default

best thing to do is just link your bank account and only use that, no credit cards etc. and don't do any large purchases through paypal unless you have a written contract signed by the buyer/seller not because paypal won't protect you but because they protect even guilty people
rapinatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:09 AM   #7715
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapinatore View Post
best thing to do is just link your bank account and only use that, no credit cards etc. and don't do any large purchases through paypal unless you have a written contract signed by the buyer/seller not because paypal won't protect you but because they protect even guilty people
Even when it's drawn directly from your account, when you are refunded for a purchase, they hold it.
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:12 AM   #7716
mkturbo.com
iTrader: (24)
 
shuiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 12,189
Total Cats: 748
Default

I just left the House of Blues, saw Rise Against and Bad Religion. All I can say is that old skool circle pits rule.
shuiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 02:16 AM   #7717
Elite Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Pen2_the_penguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 3,688
Total Cats: 93
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA6C-Guy View Post
...Unplug them?
will anything bad happen if I unplug the two wires in the engine bay for the sensor with the battery disconnected?
Pen2_the_penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 05:43 AM   #7718
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen2_the_penguin View Post
will anything bad happen if I unplug the two wires in the engine bay for the sensor with the battery disconnected?
I've never dealt with that plug, but the ones at the airbags themselves, under the dash... no problem. Just unhook the battery and leave it disconnected for 10-15 minutes, then unplug.
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:01 AM   #7719
Moderator
iTrader: (9)
 
sixshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 13,392
Total Cats: 1,015
Default

Don't use ebay.


BTW - I bet pedobear Miata guy eventually gets tracked down by the long but slow arm of the law for that stunt. Too many other pics of car and driver = fail.
sixshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:09 AM   #7720
Elite Member
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Portland, Oregon.
Posts: 6,841
Total Cats: 63
Default

moved to next page

Last edited by Doppelgänger; 04-26-2011 at 09:32 AM.
Doppelgänger is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Uconn Car Show 240_to_miata Local Meets, Events and Tech Days 1 01-23-2016 10:17 PM
Uconn Car Show Sat, April 9th 240_to_miata Local Meets, Events and Tech Days 7 04-11-2011 11:00 AM
Uconn Car Club Spring 2010 Show 240_to_miata Local Meets, Events and Tech Days 92 04-12-2010 06:20 PM
anual uconn car show/meet 240_to_miata Local Meets, Events and Tech Days 0 02-19-2008 10:03 PM


Tags
brain <3 me, brainy <3s hollywood, cancerous testicles, cuban caveman, furry barnacle, get fragged faeflora, joe p for prez, lyrical joe perez, not hit block, peter falk

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:25 AM.