How (and why) to Ramble On your domestic shorthair - Page 933 - Miata Turbo Forum -Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-10-2013, 05:38 PM   #18641
Crumple Zone Tester
iTrader: (6)
 
mgeoffriau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jackson, MS
Posts: 7,480
Total Cats: 373
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Perez View Post
The next person I see wearing an *** on their hat about headlights is getting a Pony avatar.
*******, I was posting while you were posting, and I'm being the reasonable one. Put my GIFed avatar back because I can't.
mgeoffriau is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 05:46 PM   #18642
Boost Pope
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Perez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 24,638
Total Cats: 1,562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshooter View Post
I'm betting it is a cultural group of people who know the rules but as a culture DGAF about anybody's rules
Somepony hit the nail on the head here.
Joe Perez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 10:51 PM   #18643
y8s
2 Props,3 Dildos,& 1 Cat
iTrader: (8)
 
y8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Fake Virginia
Posts: 18,765
Total Cats: 324
Default

I've lived in two of those top stolen car locations and "southeast DC" and had a car stolen in boring suburban virginia.

I'm curious how much of an impact the whole "keyfob has electronig tag" thing has on car theft for cars with that feature. My miata had that. Mini has it. So what's the deal?
y8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:23 PM   #18644
A living god
iTrader: (23)
 
viperormiata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Key West
Posts: 5,932
Total Cats: 222
Default

Met a girl last night who claimed to be half Chinese and half Native American. She was insanely gorgeous, whether or not she was telling the truth.

I handled myself like a gentleman.
Attached Thumbnails
How (and why) to Ramble On your domestic shorthair-1378689_10200732530818475_931512759_n.jpg  
viperormiata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:56 PM   #18645
I haz no trubo
iTrader: (2)
 
Oscar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bolton, UK
Posts: 2,971
Total Cats: 101
Default

Did she handle your gentlemen too?
Oscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:08 PM   #18646
Moderator
iTrader: (9)
 
sixshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 13,392
Total Cats: 1,015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperormiata View Post
Met a girl last night who claimed to be half Chinese and half Native American. She was insanely gorgeous, whether or not she was telling the truth.

I handled myself.
FTFY.
sixshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:48 PM   #18647
Boost Pope
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Perez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 24,638
Total Cats: 1,562
Default

I knew a girl who was half Chinese and half German once.

Insanely cute, and was also a biochemist working at a startup company in the valley developing a process for the 3d printing of meat.
Joe Perez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:13 PM   #18648
I'm a terrible person
iTrader: (19)
 
FRT_Fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,292
Total Cats: 178
Default

I have my hard top up for sale on CL and got a possible scammer email. I googled his email and it came up on some craiglist scammer report website. Time saved not dealing with this guy. Thanks internet people.
FRT_Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:16 PM   #18649
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,009
Total Cats: 42
Default

I purchased a supposedly good LNC 1.6, nope. Pulley was wobbley it had actually worn a hole in the timing cover behind it.

So, not wanting to put any more effort in than necessary. I cleaned the keyway and damaged key, jammed it full of Loctite 660, hammered the key back in, new crank bolt with Red Loctite and hit it with the impact.

I guess we will see if it holds this weekend at the track.
z31maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:27 PM   #18650
Moderator
iTrader: (9)
 
sixshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 13,392
Total Cats: 1,015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by z31maniac View Post
I purchased a supposedly good LNC 1.6, nope. Pulley was wobbley it had actually worn a hole in the timing cover behind it.

So, not wanting to put any more effort in than necessary. I cleaned the keyway and damaged key, jammed it full of Loctite 660, hammered the key back in, new crank bolt with Red Loctite and hit it with the impact.

I guess we will see if it holds this weekend at the track.
Try to kill her. If she lives, she deserves to live.
sixshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:01 PM   #18651
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Posts: 1,817
Total Cats: 270
Default

So I repaired the chewed up input shaft in my supercharger with a sleeve made out of a wrist pin.
The wrist pin had the perfect outer diameter, and it is the hardest piece of steel I could find for this repair.
Drilling into the hard steel for the correct diameter was the toughest thing, but we left a 0.1 mm difference in the sleeve and the shaft. (The shaft was machined down to a smooth surface).
Heated the sleeve to about 200F, and pressed it on the shaft.
No problems so far.
Godless Commie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:13 PM   #18652
Elite Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Pen2_the_penguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 3,687
Total Cats: 91
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Perez View Post
The next person I see wearing an *** on their hat about headlights is getting a Pony avatar.
I am the president of the Advanced Superior Society for Human Automotive Technology







I like miata.net and like to track my sprite seriously at SCCA events.
Pen2_the_penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:26 PM   #18653
Boost Pope
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Perez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 24,638
Total Cats: 1,562
Default

I just got an email from a former co-worker back at the Harris / PR&E office in Carlsbad. In retrospect, it seems that my decision to jump ship back in August (which, in reality, was somewhat more convoluted than I have publicly admitted to anyone here, but which a few people made reasonable guesses about) was rather well-timed after all.

Effective Dec 31, Harris will be closing the office, laying off everyone, and terminating the entire PR&E audio console / router product line which I poured 13 years of my heart and soul into designing, debugging, selling, installing, and generally making the best possible thing that I could out of.

I spent so many years working alongside all those folks. I got to travel the world, make all sort of interesting relationships with all sorts of customers. I got to solve fantastically odd and complex problems, and, if I may say so, design and build some of most interesting and innovative solutions to bizzare, one-off requirements that I have ever seen, from any company in this industry, bar-none. I mean, we achieved some fantastically innovative stuff, often working with outmoded technology and **** for resources.

And now, with the stroke of a pen, it's all just been wiped off the face of the earth.


RIP Pacific Research & Engineering, 1978-2013.

Attached Thumbnails
How (and why) to Ramble On your domestic shorthair-pre-promo-photo.jpg  
Joe Perez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:04 PM   #18654
A living god
iTrader: (23)
 
viperormiata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Key West
Posts: 5,932
Total Cats: 222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
Did she handle your gentlemen too?
Haha, I wish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshooter View Post
FTFY.
lol

Would have went down like this
Attached Thumbnails
How (and why) to Ramble On your domestic shorthair-sbxzed2.gif  
viperormiata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:19 AM   #18655
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,009
Total Cats: 42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshooter View Post
Try to kill her. If she lives, she deserves to live.
She will definitely be punished.

A buddy and I are going to run the car in different sessions on Saturday.

The goal is 14, 20-minute sessions.
z31maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:23 AM   #18656
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Perez View Post
I just got an email from a former co-worker back at the Harris / PR&E office in Carlsbad. In retrospect, it seems that my decision to jump ship back in August (which, in reality, was somewhat more convoluted than I have publicly admitted to anyone here, but which a few people made reasonable guesses about) was rather well-timed after all.

Effective Dec 31, Harris will be closing the office, laying off everyone, and terminating the entire PR&E audio console / router product line which I poured 13 years of my heart and soul into designing, debugging, selling, installing, and generally making the best possible thing that I could out of.

I spent so many years working alongside all those folks. I got to travel the world, make all sort of interesting relationships with all sorts of customers. I got to solve fantastically odd and complex problems, and, if I may say so, design and build some of most interesting and innovative solutions to bizzare, one-off requirements that I have ever seen, from any company in this industry, bar-none. I mean, we achieved some fantastically innovative stuff, often working with outmoded technology and **** for resources.

And now, with the stroke of a pen, it's all just been wiped off the face of the earth.


RIP Pacific Research & Engineering, 1978-2013.

That sucks man. I can imagine those feels.
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:56 PM   #18657
y8s
2 Props,3 Dildos,& 1 Cat
iTrader: (8)
 
y8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Fake Virginia
Posts: 18,765
Total Cats: 324
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Perez View Post
I just got an email from a former co-worker back at the Harris / PR&E office in Carlsbad. In retrospect, it seems that my decision to jump ship back in August (which, in reality, was somewhat more convoluted than I have publicly admitted to anyone here, but which a few people made reasonable guesses about) was rather well-timed after all.

Effective Dec 31, Harris will be closing the office, laying off everyone, and terminating the entire PR&E audio console / router product line which I poured 13 years of my heart and soul into designing, debugging, selling, installing, and generally making the best possible thing that I could out of.

I spent so many years working alongside all those folks. I got to travel the world, make all sort of interesting relationships with all sorts of customers. I got to solve fantastically odd and complex problems, and, if I may say so, design and build some of most interesting and innovative solutions to bizzare, one-off requirements that I have ever seen, from any company in this industry, bar-none. I mean, we achieved some fantastically innovative stuff, often working with outmoded technology and **** for resources.

And now, with the stroke of a pen, it's all just been wiped off the face of the earth.


RIP Pacific Research & Engineering, 1978-2013.

Without Joe Perez, it cannot continue...
y8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 02:07 PM   #18658
Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
TurboTim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chesterfield, NJ
Posts: 6,173
Total Cats: 198
Default

I bet you could replace that room with an MS3.
TurboTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 02:14 PM   #18659
Crumple Zone Tester
iTrader: (6)
 
mgeoffriau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jackson, MS
Posts: 7,480
Total Cats: 373
Default

QUEEN MY DISHES PLEASE.



It's queen to make it funny.
mgeoffriau is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 02:24 PM   #18660
Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
TurboTim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chesterfield, NJ
Posts: 6,173
Total Cats: 198
Default

Some people don't get it.
TurboTim is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Uconn Car Show 240_to_miata Local Meets, Events and Tech Days 1 01-23-2016 10:17 PM
Uconn Car Show Sat, April 9th 240_to_miata Local Meets, Events and Tech Days 7 04-11-2011 11:00 AM
Uconn Car Club Spring 2010 Show 240_to_miata Local Meets, Events and Tech Days 92 04-12-2010 06:20 PM
anual uconn car show/meet 240_to_miata Local Meets, Events and Tech Days 0 02-19-2008 10:03 PM


Tags
brain <3 me, brainy <3s hollywood, cancerous testicles, cuban caveman, furry barnacle, get fragged faeflora, joe p for prez, lyrical joe perez, not hit block, peter falk

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:22 PM.