How (and why) to Ramble On your domestic shorthair - Page 993 - Miata Turbo Forum -Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-06-2014, 05:18 PM   #19841
Senior Member
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,344
Total Cats: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
From the article: "I'm glad that my kid isn't old enough to notice what it was. He didn't see anything"

I guess little Johnny doesn't wonder what preceded the Roaster that his mom just took out of the oven huh? Or just for one moment contemplate how that thick piece of medium rare steak magically appeared.....

Damn, I'm getting hungry.
bahurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 06:08 PM   #19842
Crumple Zone Tester
iTrader: (6)
 
mgeoffriau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jackson, MS
Posts: 7,480
Total Cats: 373
Default

2001 VW Golf GTI VR6. Bad decision?
mgeoffriau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 07:31 PM   #19843
Boost Pope
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Perez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 24,659
Total Cats: 1,566
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
Prospect Park is in Brooklyn.

**** Brooklyn. Manhattan be where it at, aaight?
Joe Perez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 12:42 AM   #19844
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,165
Total Cats: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgeoffriau View Post
2001 VW Golf GTI VR6. Bad decision?
Yes.
My buddy has a GLI VR6 and it feels faster then it is @ 200hp/195tq. It straight walks all over my NB2 in a straight line, pulls harder at higher speeds then you would think. He has had it above 100 and it felt to me like it had much more in it. It will beat a 350-400hp 73' Nova past 130 but gets walked before that. Around the twisties not so much. Its comfy but the back seats are a little small, like its Audi B5 sibling. It gets shitty gas mileage and has had reliability issues. I believe Hustler has either a VR6 or a 1.8t he is the gay you want to be axing about the 'dub life.
My buddy likes it in a lot of ways, but regrets buying it. I would go for a Mazdaspeed 3 or something like that if I was you.

In the words of the great poet 2 Chainz; "Dub life, one wife a mistress and a girlfriend."
gearhead_318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:00 AM   #19845
mkturbo.com
iTrader: (24)
 
shuiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 12,189
Total Cats: 748
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead_318 View Post
Yes.
My buddy has a GLI VR6 and it feels faster then it is @ 200hp/195tq. It straight walks all over my NB2 in a straight line, pulls harder at higher speeds then you would think. He has had it above 100 and it felt to me like it had much more in it. It will beat a 350-400hp 73' Nova past 130 but gets walked before that. Around the twisties not so much. Its comfy but the back seats are a little small, like its Audi B5 sibling. It gets shitty gas mileage and has had reliability issues. I believe Hustler has either a VR6 or a 1.8t he is the gay you want to be axing about the 'dub life.
My buddy likes it in a lot of ways, but regrets buying it. I would go for a Mazdaspeed 3 or something like that if I was you.

In the words of the great poet 2 Chainz; "Dub life, one wife a mistress and a girlfriend."
One of my friends in high school had a VR6 that was probably from the early 2000's. He seemed to like the car, but one thing does stand out in my mind. In the spring of 2010 we were going to a concert in PA from VA. He did not want to take his VW because he was afraid of things breaking. I know it had less then 150k on it at the time. I told him fine, we jumped in my 92 miata with 304k at the time and made the trip fine.
shuiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 12:12 PM   #19846
A living god
iTrader: (23)
 
viperormiata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Key West
Posts: 5,932
Total Cats: 222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgeoffriau View Post
2001 VW Golf GTI VR6. Bad decision?
lol
viperormiata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 06:49 PM   #19847
Moderator
iTrader: (9)
 
sixshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 13,392
Total Cats: 1,015
Default

As reliable as a shiny new Ebay manifold.
sixshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:38 PM   #19848
Boost Pope
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Perez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 24,659
Total Cats: 1,566
Default

I'm not site how I managed to miss the news that VW has announced it will be discontinuing all naturally-aspirated engines within a few years, moving to an all-turbo lineup.


Volkswagen Is Going To Turbocharge Everything They Make

Attached Thumbnails
How (and why) to Ramble On your domestic shorthair-umvgoay.jpg  
Joe Perez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:44 PM   #19849
Crumple Zone Tester
iTrader: (6)
 
mgeoffriau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jackson, MS
Posts: 7,480
Total Cats: 373
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead_318 View Post
Yes.
My buddy has a GLI VR6 and it feels faster then it is @ 200hp/195tq. It straight walks all over my NB2 in a straight line, pulls harder at higher speeds then you would think. He has had it above 100 and it felt to me like it had much more in it. It will beat a 350-400hp 73' Nova past 130 but gets walked before that. Around the twisties not so much. Its comfy but the back seats are a little small, like its Audi B5 sibling. It gets shitty gas mileage and has had reliability issues. I believe Hustler has either a VR6 or a 1.8t he is the gay you want to be axing about the 'dub life.
My buddy likes it in a lot of ways, but regrets buying it. I would go for a Mazdaspeed 3 or something like that if I was you.

In the words of the great poet 2 Chainz; "Dub life, one wife a mistress and a girlfriend."
Quote:
Originally Posted by shuiend View Post
One of my friends in high school had a VR6 that was probably from the early 2000's. He seemed to like the car, but one thing does stand out in my mind. In the spring of 2010 we were going to a concert in PA from VA. He did not want to take his VW because he was afraid of things breaking. I know it had less then 150k on it at the time. I told him fine, we jumped in my 92 miata with 304k at the time and made the trip fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by viperormiata View Post
lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshooter View Post
As reliable as a shiny new Ebay manifold.
Twas merely a passing fancy, gentlemen. It shall never be mentioned again.
mgeoffriau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 02:26 AM   #19850
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,165
Total Cats: 18
Default

I went out with some friends and saw the new 300 movie, I was greatly disappointed. So much fake looking CGI. IDK if it even had a plot. The best part was Eva Green's ****, which where pretty ****** awesome. She's the Bond girl from Casino Royal. Once again, nice *******.

2/5 stars.
gearhead_318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 11:50 AM   #19851
Boost Pope
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Perez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 24,659
Total Cats: 1,566
Default

I honestly can't remember enjoying any recent life-action movie which made extensive and obvious use of CGI SFX, with the exception of Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, wherein CGI was part of the theme.
Joe Perez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 01:53 PM   #19852
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 39
Default

Very few movies in general these days do anything for me. Plots are too unrealistic and over the top, the action and fight scenes are too EXTREME!!1 and over the top, too much CGI when sets and props could have easily been used. CGI is supposed to be an aid, not a replacement. I've seen maybe 2 or 3 movies in the last 5 years I would call good. Everything else has been mediocre at best. And please, ******* stop making all of these comic book based movies. Think of something new and original. Every other movie coming out these days is based on a comic book, and all but a few of those suck ********.
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:25 PM   #19853
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 39
Default

So I get to go pressure wash and paint a house to be sold, of which myself and 4 cousins will split the value. None of these lazy bastards are willing to get their hands dirty and help. I ******* hate painting! At least the weather is pretty nice. It could be worse I guess.
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:53 PM   #19854
Senior Member
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,344
Total Cats: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA6C-Guy View Post
So I get to go pressure wash and paint a house to be sold, of which myself and 4 cousins will split the value. None of these lazy bastards are willing to get their hands dirty and help. I ******* hate painting! At least the weather is pretty nice. It could be worse I guess.
So hire it out. It'll cost you 20% of the bill....
bahurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:01 PM   #19855
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahurd View Post
So hire it out. It'll cost you 20% of the bill....
I don't have that kind of money right now. I can handle it, but it would be nice to have a little help, since they are getting money out of it. The same amount that I'll get. I should get an extra $1000 out of their cut for my hard work, or something. I might make that demand, if it'll do anything.
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:13 PM   #19856
Senior Member
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,344
Total Cats: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA6C-Guy View Post
I don't have that kind of money right now. I can handle it, but it would be nice to have a little help, since they are getting money out of it. The same amount that I'll get. I should get an extra $1000 out of their cut for my hard work, or something. I might make that demand, if it'll do anything.
I used to work for a guy who gave me the best advice.... "Everyone has a choice. Once you make it own it."
bahurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:32 PM   #19857
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,165
Total Cats: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA6C-Guy View Post
I don't have that kind of money right now. I can handle it, but it would be nice to have a little help, since they are getting money out of it. The same amount that I'll get. I should get an extra $1000 out of their cut for my hard work, or something. I might make that demand, if it'll do anything.
I would paint 1/4 of the house. Let them know you finished your share and tell 'em the paint is in the basement. Passive aggressive can be the best aggressive.
gearhead_318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:59 PM   #19858
Boost Pope
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Perez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 24,659
Total Cats: 1,566
Default

I have learned the following thing about women's shoes:

As a broad generalization, department stores (Macy's, Century 21, etc), tend to place on display the smallest size of any given shoe available, presumably on the assumption that this will be understood to convey the "cutest" possible presentation.

This practice occasionally has unintended consequences.
Joe Perez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 11:13 PM   #19859
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead_318 View Post
I would paint 1/4 of the house. Let them know you finished your share and tell 'em the paint is in the basement. Passive aggressive can be the best aggressive.
That would be my approach if I didn't badly need the money from the house being sold. So the sooner I can get it on the market, the better. If I have to break my back doing it, I will. It's just bullshit that I can't get help doing it. Freeloaders!
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 01:31 AM   #19860
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,249
Total Cats: 102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA6C-Guy View Post
I don't have that kind of money right now. I can handle it, but it would be nice to have a little help, since they are getting money out of it. The same amount that I'll get. I should get an extra $1000 out of their cut for my hard work, or something. I might make that demand, if it'll do anything.
Sounds like that will be your best option, but you gotta get it in writing up front.
good2go is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Uconn Car Show 240_to_miata Local Meets, Events and Tech Days 1 01-23-2016 10:17 PM
Uconn Car Show Sat, April 9th 240_to_miata Local Meets, Events and Tech Days 7 04-11-2011 11:00 AM
Uconn Car Club Spring 2010 Show 240_to_miata Local Meets, Events and Tech Days 92 04-12-2010 06:20 PM
anual uconn car show/meet 240_to_miata Local Meets, Events and Tech Days 0 02-19-2008 10:03 PM


Tags
brain <3 me, brainy <3s hollywood, cancerous testicles, cuban caveman, furry barnacle, get fragged faeflora, joe p for prez, lyrical joe perez, not hit block, peter falk

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:25 AM.