So here's how it landed in my driveway after a long tow truck ride on 8/5/14. It blew a huge cloud of smoke in every direction when I started it up (probably from sitting upside down for hours and dumping oil all over itself).
The passenger side control arm was bent into a roller coaster rail from the crash, so $100 bucks later, the wheel was pointed in the right direction. 10/19/14
Bashed out the windshield, pulled the pillars up with another car, and cut out the middle of the windshield frame, since it got pretty mangled while I was bending stuff. 10/24/14
Then I stripped away some interior plastic for the drill and fill.
Boom, windshield. I used the junky acrylic plexiglass, which cracked every time I stared too hard or used harsh language.
Threw in some 'install anywhere' mirrors from Napa, and the center one is affixed right onto the plexiglass.
That green stuff you see all over? Yeah, that's mold. Since it sat outside all winter with just a tarp over it. 1/28/15
Of course, I had to test the LSD. It worked great
So on 5/25/15, my daily driver broke down, leaving me with the Miata project as my only means of transportation. So I cleaned the engine as much as possible, ran some seafoam through it, bought a fire extinguisher, and gambled that if I ran it long enough, the smoking would stop from the oil just burning off. Fortunately, it worked, and hydrolock didn't happen.
Going 25mph or faster caused the plexiglass cave in, so I used some pirate ship rigging....I mean, "light string" to keep the thing stable.
The suspension and drivetrain seemed intact, and I even took it on the freeway for a short while.
Replaced the acrylic with Lexan polycarbonate and stabilized it with a plank of wood for the time being. 6/2/15